Address change online AR11 should or shouldn't?

n400newyork

Registered Users (C)
I am about to move to a new location, my n400 is still pending.
what do you folks suggest? should i keep my old address or update it online?
i am afraid if i file AR11 online, the Interview letter will still go to the old address.
i don't know how efficient USCIS is on this subject.
thank you for your help

I think the two are unrelated. I don't expect USCIS to update your N-400 automatically based on the AR-11 filing. I would say go ahead with the AR-11 and also notify UCSIS separately about the address change (unless you can continue to receive mail at the old location and don't want to complicate matters by requesting a change of address).

-KM

I agree with kagemusha. Go ahead and file the AR-11 because you are required to. You can do this either online or by mail. Additionally, call the 800 number on your original receipt to update your address.

You may also want to make an infopass appointment afterwards to make sure your address is updated because USCIS mail does not get forwarded.

You have no choice but to file the AR-11. Deliberately not doing so could get you into trouble.

I would then send notice of address change to both the regional and local USCIS offices giving your A-number and N-400 application number. Send these by either Fedex or USPS certified mail with return receipt. Costs a few bucks but its worth it.

Are you moving within the same district? If so, you shouldn't have too much trouble providing you call the 800 number and have them update your address on the application.

If you are moving between districts, be aware that your case will automatically take at least a 3 month vacation while you "become" a resident of the new district.