Address Change Issues

gcdreams

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I wanted to know your views on home address changes midway the i485 process? i.e. Suppose one filed their application from address A and moved to address B(within the same INS jurisdiction) before the i485 process got over, does INS send the green card to address A or B? I have heard conflicting stories and wanted to track how INS takes this type of change in application process.

Address Change Issues with INS

Hi, I wanted to know your views on home address changes midway the i485 process? i.e. Suppose one filed their application from address A and moved to address B(within the same INS jurisdiction) before the i485 process got over, does INS send the green card to address A or B? I have heard conflicting stories and wanted to find out how INS addresss this type of change in the application process.

Changing address is not a good idea

From the story I heard, it is not good idea to change home address in the middle of I485.

Address change issue

I have talked to different people and have found that in some situations it was a smooth affair. However there were some situations where greencard was sent to the old address. Does INS update their address database of new info? What if you called up the service agent and personally informed the agent about change of address in addition to filling up the appropriate forms? After all there should be some way to ensure that INS is notified of address change?