address change -help!

CPU65

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks:

My address with the INS is current (I used my current address in all the forms), however I have never filled out any address change form (AR-11 form) since I came to this country. According to the new law, alient must file the AR-11 form within 10 days after move, otherwise will face deportation or jail. I called my lawyer and was told to fill out the form address-change form for safe side. I sent out the form last week, although I moved to current address one year before I applied for I140 and I485. do you think the INS will give me trouble due to the late filling of AR-11 form?

Thanks.
:confused:

Get ready for big trouble
You shouls have filed the AR-11 form before coming to US saying you are changing your address from your country to US
Now they will deport you to Africa

You are ok if the address on the last application you filed with INS is the same as your current one. Going forward, however, you would have to file ar11 within 10 days, every time you move.

Question for anyone who did an address change during I-485 stage. I suppose you sent an ar11 and also called the IIO to change your address. Did your INS mail like approvals etc come to your new address or did they still go to the old one? I am moving soon, and I would hate if my address change is not effected by the antediluvian INS computers.....

frodo

I moved 2 months back and I am in I-485 stage, filed in Jan'02. I sent out the AR11 forms and also called NSC, talked to IIO and changed my address over the phone. I was not expecting it, that they would change mine and my family's address over the phone but I got a good officer who did that for me.

In the mean time my lawyer also sent out the Change of address letter to NSC. Actually there is a form G731-N (Only PAGE 2), which can be used to notify the change of address to service centers where your I-485 is pending. My lawyer did not know about this but after I told her, she send that too (Atleast she says she has sent that, but I am not sure).

HTS,

Thanks for the useful info, especically on G731-N. This is the first time I heard of it! I'll send that one in too and keep my fingers crossed that they send everything to my new address.