address change & good news--Please help

uknair

Registered Users (C)
I just saw my approvals on the website for both my self and wife.
RD 10/19/01. RFE 02/27/03(replied), AD 03/12/03

I have a problem though. I moved to a new address last weekend and sent out the AR11 only today. I have given the forwarding address at the post office.

Will the approval notice get forwarded to the new address?

Does anybody know, whether INS says "Do not forward on the envelope of the approval notice"?

Do I need to call the INS?

Congrats!

AR11 will not effect an address change for your application - it merely informs BCIS HQ about your new address. You need to call NSC or write them to have an address change effected for your I485 applications. Call NSC right away and speak to an IIO about this issue. However, be prepared for the notice to be sent to your old address!

BTW, could you update rupnet.com? Thanks!

P.S. In general, Govt mail would not be forwarded to a new address, even if you've registered a change of address with your post office.

Congratulations!!!!!

Congrats on your approval. If you do not call and change your address in time mostly your approval notice will be mailed to your old address. Also you can try to hold all your letters at the post office and you can collect them in person.

God Bless us all who are still waiting....

Congrats uknair

Talk to the post office and explain the situation.
I would start with the mail carrier who delivers mail at your old
address. He/she will be able to provide more information on how
to hold that mail.

Good Luck
Sept13

Congratulations Uknair on your approval, could you please let us know what was your RFE about ? and when did you recieve it ?

Good to see that NSC doesn't take much time after recieving RFE response ...

Thanks

your lawyer should also get a courtesy copy which AFAIK could
be used for getting the passport stamped

Thank you all.

I spoke to INS and they changed the address on the spot. she told that I will get an approval notice at the new address. She also mentioned, I can always use the attorney copy if required for stamping.

The RFE was on my employment letter and for my wife, a non-availabilty cert for birth. My wife also needed a letter from her school, because she was here on an F1. Both of us got, one for the medical certificate as well. The doctor had a photocopied supplemental form in which the signature was photocopied as well. INS stopped taking the photocopied signs on the supplemntal forms recently(ie, as per my doctor!!!)