Address change during application process for canada immigration

vagabond

Hello

I am trying to seek answer to my query through a lot of Canada immigration related website but havent been able to get any answer so far.

I have applied for permanent residence in skilled worker´s category in June 2002 in New Delhi, India office.I got AOR in July 2002. In 2003 I moved to United States on H1B visa. However I didnt apply for the change of address yet.

My question is ; if I intimate the immigration office of my address change, will my case be transferred to the USA office and will the USA processing times be applicable to my case??

I am in dire need of expert opinion on this.Please let me know...

Thanks

vagabond ,

Yes they will transfer to US. My Friend applied from Singapore, He went to India gave the medicals then he came to US and he got Interview letter to US address. I attended the Interview in LA, and he paid ROLF also.

I think that changed

India-USA
I read earlier on CIC's web site that based on the new law which went into effect last year, transferring files between countries is no longer a possibility.
I will post the link if I can find it.
Thanks

Please see the following on Buffalo Consulate website FAQ's

I found this on Buffal's consulate website FAQ's. I will post link and Question/ Answer

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1395&mid=5&cat=501&typ=1

Question:

Last month I sent my file transfer fee to Nairobi requesting that my file be transferred to the Consulate General in Buffalo. Have you received my file? When can I expect to receive my visa?

Answer:

If your file was transferred before 28 June 2002, you should allow 3-4 months for it to arrive at its destination. Under the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, we no longer transfer files.

I don't know recent laws but I had transfered my file from India to US after applying in India.I landed in Canada in July 2000.

Mayank

India-USA, Texan and Mayank

I really appreciate the replies posted by you to help me out. Thanks a lot. Hence based on your replies, can I conclude:

1) The change of address to other country used to be deemed as transfer of case prior to June 2002 regulations and the transfer was taking place.

2)After June 2002 regulations, the files are not being transferred. Btw I applied on 22nd June 2002.

However I am still not clear on:

1) Is the June 28 2002 cut-off for the application received or application transferred?

2) If I intimate New Delhi office now about my new address in USA, what's going to happen....will my case continue to be in New Delhi office?

Please provide your expert advice..