Address Change - do we fill address change card after 10 days...

humaraGC

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, please advice if it is advisable to fill in the address change card after 10 days of moving.

I have changed address couple of times on my H1 (although always in the same state). But I have not changed address since filling my GC application. Now I am in the I485 stage.

Please advise if it is advisable to fill in the change of address card now (although it has been almost 2 yrs since the change).

1) Will doing so help me abide by the law (I came to know about this law recently).

2) Will doing so now have any positive/ negative impact on my GC application?

Did you file I-485 with the current address? (because you said it's been 2 years since you moved) If Yes then no address change is required.

Yes I filled the labor, I140, I485 from the current address.

I changed the address even before starting the GC process (while I was on H1B).

I was only concerned after reading posts indicating that INS plans to crack down on people who have not send the address change card to them.

I guess, the posts meant that 'to crack down those who didn't update thier new address'.

Can you clarify what you ean by : "I guess, the posts meant that 'to crack down those who didn't update thier new address".

Do you mean that if someone has updated the address by filling a new application (eg. in my case I485), then I do not need to file the AR11 (adress change form)?

Thanks for the response.

I am just assuming what that post meant. You have to ask the person who posted that post for clarification.

All I know is, if the INS has your current address, you don't have to update your old address.

Note: This is not a legal advise.