Address Change Concern

Hi Everyone
I have applied for my 5-year rule citizenship application online in Feb 2021 and haven't heard to this date 10/14/2021. Recently I moved from Kansas to Texas permanently. I was expecting my interview in Kansas before I move to Texas but unfortunately did not happen even after 8 months. Now I worry, if I change my address to Texas, it will again start counting the date from zero which I do not prefer but want to continue with Kansas address so that I can appear for the interview in Kansas. I needed advice from this forum, should I submit the change of address form or just leave it as it is for the Kansas address? I do not have any issue with the address in Kansas.
Please provide me with the advice.
Thanks

It won’t restart the date to zero, they will keep the same priority date. (I have actually heard of people who get an interview almost immediately when they move because the wait time at the new FO is shorter.) If you have moved permanently you do need to update the address. You will need to truthfully (under penalty of perjury) update any n400 details in your interview (address, job, further travel etc). If they see you have moved and no longer fall under the jurisdiction of the office, they will move the case then, and you will have wasted time.

FYI I only see one FO listed for Kansas, Wichita? Which is taking 11.5-18 months for N400 processimg. There are a few in texas which are taking between the about the same (Dallas, Houston) and up to 5 or 6 months less (El Paso, Harlingen).

It won’t restart the date to zero, they will keep the same priority date. (I have actually heard of people who get an interview almost immediately when they move because the wait time at the new FO is shorter.) If you have moved permanently you do need to update the address. You will need to truthfully (under penalty of perjury) update any n400 details in your interview (address, job, further travel etc). If they see you have moved and no longer fall under the jurisdiction of the office, they will move the case then, and you will have wasted time.

FYI I only see one FO listed for Kansas, Wichita? Which is taking 11.5-18 months for N400 processimg. There are a few in texas which are taking between the about the same (Dallas, Houston) and up to 5 or 6 months less (El Paso, Harlingen).
Hi SusieQQQ
Thanks for your response. I actually moved from Kansa City to the Dallas area. Kansas City's N400 processing time shows 5 to 13.5 Months whereas Dallas processing time shows 11.5 to 18 months. Since I have already waited for 8 months and remained only 5 months for the completion of the priority date but if in Dallas, I still have to wait for additional 5 more months on top of the remaining 5 months.
But, if the process is to keep the same priority date, I am still ok with it as long as it doesn't start from zero again. FYI, the house which I sold in Kansas City, to my cousin, and there is no address or mailing issue if I continue with the previous mailing address.
Please advise me and show me the right track.

Thanks

Hi SusieQQQ
Thanks for your response. I actually moved from Kansa City to the Dallas area. Kansas City's N400 processing time shows 5 to 13.5 Months whereas Dallas processing time shows 11.5 to 18 months. Since I have already waited for 8 months and remained only 5 months for the completion of the priority date but if in Dallas, I still have to wait for additional 5 more months on top of the remaining 5 months.
But, if the process is to keep the same priority date, I am still ok with it as long as it doesn't start from zero again. FYI, the house which I sold in Kansas City, to my cousin, and there is no address or mailing issue if I continue with the previous mailing address.
Please advise me and show me the right track.

Thanks
The right track is to be truthful.