address change: 485 pending and expiry date?

kiddo

Registered Users (C)
hi:
Applied for 485. Got my EAD and AP (for my wife and me). I have AP for my son. In addition my H1 is expires in Feb 2004 and my wife's in Oct 2005.

I just moved my residence. I will be mailing the AR-11 tomorrow. As 485 is still pending, I am not a permanent resident, for the expiry date field in the last row, do I specify our H1 expiry dates and H4 expiry date for my son?

thanks

For address change you can also call your BCIS center and they will update your address on phone.

In AR-11 form it asks : "IF NOT A PERMANENT RESIDENT, MY STAY IN THE U.S. EXPIRES ON: ". So you have to fill this.

User dear may be correct. Still, you may want to research the issue a little further as your H-1B/H-4 approvals do not necessarily control your status once you have filed for a I-485. An AOS filing gives you automatic status till it is adjudicated and therefore your H expiry dates may be less significant.

It woulld be best if you call the BCIS and update the address and ask them if you are really required to send the AR form after that. Its true that your stay in US does not expire once I-485 case is pending. If you use your EAD then H1 expiry date does not have meaning.