Address at the time of Passport stamping for GC

anshul

Registered Users (C)
Recently I-485 got approved and is going for stamping on the Passport next week.

But as always there is a complication:

I have accepted a assigment from my company to work in India, to get a project started there,
for 5 to 6 months. The assigment may start in May this year. They will continue paying me here
and expeneses in India. My plan is to move out of my apartment (in May 2004) and dump my stuff in a self storage
before going to India. Now at the time of stamping I need to give a address, this is the address
on which the plastic card comes.

Does this address need to match with what INS have for me in their files (my current address).

If I have a address other then what INS have on file, will it be a problem. Will it replace the
address on file with the new address.

As I will not be at the current address (possibly in India) when the card comes, I have following
choices:

1. Give my attorneys address at the time of stamping so that the card goes to her office. I have asked
the attorney if that's possible, but she has not responeded so far.

2. Give one of my friends address (in the Bay Area itself), so that the card goes to him. And before going to
India file Ar-11 to change my address to my friend's in the INS file.

Now the fact that this apartment is not
leased on my name and the utilities are not paid by me, will it be a problem. At POE can they ask for things
like utility bill etc to make sure that I am maintaining a residence here.

Anyone who has been in such a situation or knows more about it, please help

You can always give a new address for obtaining your plastic card during your passport stamping.

In fact, they will ask you explicitly if you want to give another adddress.

I had my address change from Lawyers to home and the cards arrived at home

No need to worry

Ram