Accidentally Laminated Naturalization Certificate! please Help!!

Tyler123

Hi,

I accidentally laminated my Naturalization Certificate because I wanted to protect it, and I did not know at all that lamination will make the certificate become invalid, I just found out about it now, and I still have not applied for the U.S passport. What should I do now? Do I need to apply for a new Naturalization Certificate so as to be able to apply for the U.S Passport ? and how long would it take for the process ? Would it affect to my citizenship status at all ? Does any one experience the same issue ? please Help me out :(. Thank you.

Hi,

I accidentally laminated my Naturalization Certificate because I wanted to protect it, and I did not know at all that lamination will make the certificate become invalid, I just found out about it now, and I still have not applied for the U.S passport. What should I do now? Do I need to apply for a new Naturalization Certificate so as to be able to apply for the U.S Passport ? and how long would it take for the process of apartment for sale in beirut? Would it affect to my citizenship status at all ? Does any one experience the same issue ? please Help me out :(. Thank you.
Laminating your Naturalization Certificate does not invalidate it, but it's best to avoid laminating important documents. You can still apply for a U.S. passport, but using the certificate might be challenging. Applying for a new certificate is recommended, and the processing time can vary. It generally won't affect your citizenship status, but consult with USCIS for specific guidance. Others have experienced similar issues; consider seeking advice from a legal expert or USCIS for the best course of action.