Accepted vs Published

zhaohui

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does an accepted paper (not published yet) count into the publications for NIW application? I read several cases and found that AAO only considers those papers published prior to the filling date. This is my only one first-author journal paper, although I have a few conference proceedings papers and a fourth-author journal paper. Should I wait for my paper to be published before I file my petition?

Many thanks.

zhaohui said:
Hi,

Does an accepted paper (not published yet) count into the publications for NIW application? I read several cases and found that AAO only considers those papers published prior to the filling date. This is my only one first-author journal paper, although I have a few conference proceedings papers and a fourth-author journal paper. Should I wait for my paper to be published before I file my petition?

Many thanks.

All accepted or in-print paper count as publications but if you want to be one absolute safe then wait 1-2 months till its published.

zhaohui said:
Hi,

Many thanks.

Well, I will put that into published papers list.
Instead of writing accepted just write in press...which means both published and accepted.It will be helpful later if RFE comes and you need to show impact of published papers.

I think it counts

zhaohui said:
Hi,

Many thanks.

You may want to search your paper in the website of the journal. Some journals put the "in-press" papers online (pdf files) for people to view and download. If you login the journal's website from a university, it's probably free for downloading. The pdf file of the "in-press" paper has the words "In press" at the top of each page and does not have page numbers, but all others are the same as published papers.

It might be useful if you can get the editor to write you a letter stating it acceptance original contribution to the field.