AC21 - what is involved?

TinkyWinky

Registered Users (C)
I think I might need to use Ac-21. I am Jan 2001 RD/ND and was hoping to get approved soon. But it looks like I am not that lucky. The group I am working for is going to be laid-off and there are opportunities within the same company, but I would need to relocate. Its not easy for me to relocate due to family restrictions. I may get a job in another company which would mean no relocation. What should I do?
Should I inform the lawyer and get his/her opinion. Can I get the current company lawyer to still work on my case even if I change companies? Anyone have any experience?
The new job I am looking at is a similar job title. What should the new company do for me incase I get an RFE?

Thanks,
TinkyWinky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing job with AC21 is not straightforward; no one is going to give you a straight opinion not even your lawyer. You have to remember that there is a little risk involved and risk is not for getting denied but the approval might get delayed. If you want a peaceful approval then do not change the employer, if you are ready for some delay then go for it and change the employer and hope for the best. Consult with your lawyer before doing anything.

Personally I had three opportunities to change employer and now I have decided that I will not change the employer unless I have no other option. Again this is what I personally feel.

WIN

Personally I do not see any problem with changing the job. Everywhere there are delays. Whether you are changing the job or not, there is no guaranty of the time frame. As long as Jobs and salary or same/similar I do not see any problems.

Moreover it is better to change now rather than after approval. Once GC is approved you need to stay with that company at least for some time.

Your approval is very near. All the best.