AC21 same employer, different department

eloqgib

Registered Users (C)
Do I need to invoke AC21 to go to a different department within the same company. The other job is similar but not same and requires some skills that are not part of my current job description.

Do I need to involve my company lawyer (who is likely to create problems), or just join the new department. Thanks.

any other opinions on this? Thanks.

It should not hurt you. Since the sponsoring entity remains same, Change in the department with slight changes in responsibilities is OK. USCIS is pretty flexible with this.
It should not be like, you are in Software development and posted to Marketing Dept.

Ac 21

I am on h1b visa and have I140 and now waiting for visa dates to become current.I am working as a teacher. Due to some new developments , a coordinator position has become available in the same school site.
A coordinator is considered to be an out of classroom teacher and job duties are different.
My principal says its OK as it is a still a teacher position however my lawyer does not agree .I am getting paid around 70K at the moment and the other job is around 80-85K
I do not want to jeopardize my whole process.Please help me out and tell me if I could still use AC21 or what to do.I need to take a decision by next week and so I would really appreciate your help in this.
Thanks