AC21 - REF Please help

ac21needhelp

Hello Friends,

I am a newcomer in this forum and found it is very helpful. I need some help from you guys regarding my AC21 case.

I left my parent company after 9 months of filling of I485 (NSC). My job profile is remaining same and virtually I am doing the same kind of work. My lawyer was provided by my parent company and I personally made every payment to him. I didnt inform INS or my lawyer about my change of job as I found it's not necessary besides sometimes it just gets unnecessaryly complcated. Everything was going fine till I receive RFE last week related to my letter of employment. Now the lawyer came to know that I no longers work in same company and saying he had to address some important issue to INS at the time I swithed the job. He wants to prepare 'Letter of portability' and asking big bucks for that. Now my question is

1. Does anyone know about the importance of ' Letter of portability ?'
2. Is it possible to address RFE without the lawyer ?
3. Does anyone know how the letter of employment look like if case of change of job after labor or I485 ? If possoble can anyone forward me a copy ?

Thanks for your help.

:(

Thanks for the reply Raj. Do you know if it is at all any big deal to not to inform INS about change of job after 6 months of I485 application ?

If worse comes to worse is it possible to respond to RFE by the candidate himself ? If so how ?

AS per as I know you can do it ur self. Lot of people done it. But you will need original RFE letter. Tell you attny that you have decide not to retain his legal services and want your RFE to be mailed to you.
However, it would be better if we deal with INS through attorney. If not this one, some one else who can give u better deal :)

I agree. I still want to continue with the lawyer, it's just too much of hasslel to change it. I see lot of ppl change their job but do not inform INS and wait for the RFE. Is there any disadvantage in doing it ? Does the salary in new job must be more than old job ?