AC21 questions? Please Help!!

Venu123

Registered Users (C)
GC Question

Hi All,

Seasons Greetings!!

I work as a Consultant for Company A based in East Coast. I am currently living in Los Angeles working for my client B. Its more than 6 months since I got my EAD through Company A from the Vermont Service Center.

Here are the details,

I-485 RD: Feb 2002
I-485 ND: Mar 2002
EAD: May 2002
AP: May 2002

Now, my Client B wants to hire me as a Full-time employee.

Could you please answer my following questions -

1. Do I need an attorney to inform my job change to INS? What is the documentation/steps involved?? What is AC21??

2. My EAD/AP expires in May 2003. How do I renew it?

3. Eventhough I live in CA, I have filed my original GC petition in VSC (as my employer is based in East Coast). Now that I am taking a new job in CA, do I have to change the Service Center to CSC?? My residence address will not be changing.

Please post your inputs.

Thanks and Wishes,

Venu.

Go ahead Venu.

1) You should (must?) send the letter that you got from the new employer to INS , when you change the job. The letter should mention about the job title, job description and pay. It is better to consult an attorney about that. AC-21 allows you to change jobs, if 485 is not adjudicated within 180 days. The most important criterion is it should be a similar job in the similar field. Geographical location is not part of the criteria. Since, your 180 days period is over, you are safe

2)I think you send the copy of the Old EAD approval doc, copy of the EAD card, check to VSC, well in advance. I don't have knowledge about the other docs.

3)You dont' have to change the service center.

Good Luck!

Consult a good attorney for the right opinion.

Go ahead change ur job! U are safe like I did two years ago. The most important is the job u are going to take is similar w/ current job. I do not think there are a lot people can do more than one professional jobs and use ether one to apply for h1-b.
good luck,:)

RFE

xiaoning8 what is ur RD?

IS ur case with Local INS? How come you changed two years ago and still waiting???