AC21 - New employer located in different State

mt68

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody used AC21 (changed jobs after 180 days) successfully from one State to another? Any particular troubles?
thanks!

i did - within the same Service Center

and as far as problems - hope not. I just send my response to RFE (not received yet).

Will keep you posted. Hoping it should not make any difference...

nothing at all - just a response to the RFE

and (un)fortunately, the change of the job happened just as I changed jobs anyway...

check ksv post and also a few others in the last week.
should not matter if job is similar.

Originally posted by mt68
Has anybody used AC21 (changed jobs after 180 days) successfully from one State to another? Any particular troubles?
thanks!

I did change the state when I joined a new company. Other than informing INS/BCIS of change of address , I did nothing else. Recieved RFE for Emp Letter and Paystub copies. Replied to RFE with the requested info. Got approved in 11 days.

Hope this help.

Raj
My suggestions donot have legal validity

VAISHNAVI, was your approval fairly recent? Just asking because Baltimore seems to have stirred things up a little (well a lot) by seeking a narrow interpretation regarding geographic location.

To helge

Yes. My AD is 05.12.03. Submitted RFE on 05.01.03. From one of the threads , I understand the the said cases in Baltimore had their labour itself restricted to a particular geographical location. That could be the reason behind the issue.

Thanks
Raj
My suggestion donot have legal sanctity

VAISHNAVI, how was the geographic location worded in you LC (point 7.)?

In my case they put three locations:
City A, CT
City B, IL
City C, CA.

I am concerned about taking a job in FL. The new company's headquarter is in City B, IL, which is listed on my LC - do you think that this would help even though my work location will be in FL?.

Any other thoughts/experiences on this? What happened to the Baltimore cases exactly? Was it just a geographic issue that caused the denial?