AC21 Help Needed

baba_140

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus
I need some help with following questions:

When filing AC 21 - provided that the job desc/salary matches - can USCIS deny or issue NOID if the job is contract position? Though the new employer has provided separate letter for intent to hire me but the concern is offer letter says it is contract position. And both these letters have been filed in AC21.

As my online status has not changed since ever, how to know if there is activity around I140 like withdrawal etc or if the case was transferred to local office?.

Thanks in advance

baba_140 said:
Hi Gurus
I need some help with following questions:

When filing AC 21 - provided that the job desc/salary matches - can USCIS deny or issue NOID if the job is contract position?

----> Yes, though will probably issue RFE/NOID first. You need a permanent position. One way out could be to send another letter stating that though the position is currently "contract", it will be "permanent" once your GC is approved as the company has a policy of hiring only GC holders and citizens.

As my online status has not changed since ever, how to know if there is activity around I140 like withdrawal etc or if the case was transferred to local office?.

----> There is no easy way to find out unfortunately. You can contact your local congressman/senator's office and they can help. Alternatively, you can ask your lawyer to file a question with the AILA liason.

Thanks in advance