AC21 covers laid-off before 180 days?

I love INS

Registered Users (C)
I was laid off this May, only 3 months after I filed 485. The newly released AC21 memo doesn\'t clarify the validity of my I140.

The whole memo is mainly copy-and-paste the law, without entailing the procudures

Will leave my fate to the INS\'s imagination.....

Any speculation?

DD

No Title

AC21 is not a cure for all.

In past common understanding, you need to restart the whole painful GC process if the employment is terminated before 485 approval.

AC21 provides a relief for those who have long-pending (>180 days) 485 application. Nothing is provided for

No Title

Clement, so if someone is laid off after 180 of 485 applications.
Is he in status? I know the law talks about changing
jobs with the 140 being portable, but it didn\'t mention
cases that a employee is laid off (and most likely doesn\'t have
a new employer yet)? And can he use the EAD (applied through
the old employer obviously) to find a new job?

No Title

what BS you are giving, where did it say things voluntary/involuntary?
To answer your question,
\'Am I reading too much\'
the answer is \'you do not read at all, you just BS\'

ramesh babu

No Title

I am not a lawyer. You should consult your lawyer if you really encounter this situation. I just offer my personal $0.02.

Once you have a 485 pending in INS, you are lawful to stay in US until your 485 is rejected. Your status is "pending AOS".

You should use your EAD to find a new job ASAP. But the new job must has "the same or similar occupational classification" as your old one.
AC21 doesn\'t specify the timing gap between two jobs but it should be as short as possible in common sense.

Considering this scenario, I think there are still many "gray areas" in AC21.
We\'d better have no need to apply AC21.
It\'s quite risky.

No Title

Ramesh...very bad....u must understands the guys problem,,..he is tense and is looking for some help and not all the BS and bullshit u are giving him....