AC21 Case finally approved.

groovyrocks

Registered Users (C)
It has been approved. A long and painful but interesting saga ends today.
This forum has been an amazing source of information and inspiration to me. Thank you guys. Some of the stuff I learnt here was just awesome.

for those interested in the finer details....

Applied for LC[RIR] in NYC DEC 1999
LC rejected Jan 2001
Reapplied with a brilliant lawyer in Manhattan[knew all the loopholes] April 2001.
LC approved Aug 2001.
September 11 happened. Huge delays because primary lawyers office was right opposite WTC.
Lawyer sent I140 application without LC approval, Dec 2001. Rejected.
Resent and approved quickly
I485 filed March 28,2002 [EAC021605...]
ND April 13, 2002
FP1 May 28, 2002
EAD 1 May 9, 2002
EAD 2 May 9, 2003
FP 2 Nov 21, 2003. Done 4 weeks early
EAD 3 applied for Jan 20, 2004 . No approval yet.
RFE for paystubs, emp letter, marriage and birth certificates on March 10,2004.
RFE received March 22, 2004
RFE replied on April 14, 2004 along with AC21 letter.
Approval for both spouse and me on April 28, 2004

I switched two jobs after 13 months of filing for I485. moved to a new job at a different geographic location this month, with a salary more than 5 times the original labor cert. did mention all this in the AC21 letter. sent emp letters from both last and future employer and pay stubs from last employer.

Cheers to all !
:) :) :)

Congrats!

I have a question for a friend.

he might get lay off becuase his 3 EAD is not approved. He was told that he won't get interim EAD because some RFE was issued.

Can he apply for AC21? Does it apply to EB2 or EB3 or both catagory?

Please HELP.
thanks.

Originally posted by tufan
Congrats!

I have a question for a friend.

he might get lay off becuase his 3 EAD is not approved. He was told that he won't get interim EAD because some RFE was issued.

Can he apply for AC21? Does it apply to EB2 or EB3 or both catagory?

Please HELP.
thanks.

AC21 can be applied anytime after 485 (advisable after 6 months but not neccessary, provided 485 does not get approved within 6 months)

EB2 or EB3 category does not apply for 485 and all applicant stand in same queue. It is only benefited only during labor and 140.

I guess, ur friend has to wait till he gets his EAD after replying RFE and then switch jobs.

Congrats groovyrocks..

It looks like your attorney played a big role in your approval.

CAN WE KNOW YOUR ATTORNEY NAME and Address.

groovyrocks,

Congretulation!!

Will you please post here copy of AC 21 letter, old and new employer letter here so that would be a great help to others. Please remove your and company detail from the letters.

Thank you!

First off, Congrats.

Very interesting that such a high salary, did not raise any questions.

So, at a minimum, labor would have to be 50 K, 5 times more than that, would make the salary 300 K and the INS didn't raise any questions at all?

First off, Congrats.

Very interesting that such a high salary, did not raise any questions.

So, at a minimum, labor would have to be 50 K, 5 times more than that, would make the salary 300 K and the INS didn't raise any questions at all?

Congrats... looks like people started to get approvals withing 14 days after responding to RFE. ME NEXT :)

5 times ???? WOW DUDE .... Way to rock .....
well!! how much was initial .... ? 45 K? 40k ? or 80k ?

Congrats on your approval and a wopping job .....

my original lawyer was Allan Kaye in manhattan, but when the labor was rejected he had my labor done by another lawyer , Nathan Waxman also in manhattan. Mr Waxman is a smart immigration lawyer and if your case is unusual or runs into difficulty I would recommend him.

Any idea if the second (most recent) RFE has been responded by the current employer as the employer with permanent intent to employ, and then if you use AC21 and change the employers shortly after responding to the RFE, how would it affect the case? Please note I-485 still pending close to two years!

groovyrocks said:
my original lawyer was Allan Kaye in manhattan, but when the labor was rejected he had my labor done by another lawyer , Nathan Waxman also in manhattan. Mr Waxman is a smart immigration lawyer and if your case is unusual or runs into difficulty I would recommend him.

groovyrocks said:
It has been approved. A long and painful but interesting saga ends today.
This forum has been an amazing source of information and inspiration to me. Thank you guys. Some of the stuff I learnt here was just awesome.

for those interested in the finer details....

Applied for LC[RIR] in NYC DEC 1999
LC rejected Jan 2001
Reapplied with a brilliant lawyer in Manhattan[knew all the loopholes] April 2001.
LC approved Aug 2001.
September 11 happened. Huge delays because primary lawyers office was right opposite WTC.
Lawyer sent I140 application without LC approval, Dec 2001. Rejected.
Resent and approved quickly
I485 filed March 28,2002 [EAC021605...]
ND April 13, 2002
FP1 May 28, 2002
EAD 1 May 9, 2002
EAD 2 May 9, 2003
FP 2 Nov 21, 2003. Done 4 weeks early
EAD 3 applied for Jan 20, 2004 . No approval yet.
RFE for paystubs, emp letter, marriage and birth certificates on March 10,2004.
RFE received March 22, 2004
RFE replied on April 14, 2004 along with AC21 letter.
Approval for both spouse and me on April 28, 2004

I switched two jobs after 13 months of filing for I485. moved to a new job at a different geographic location this month, with a salary more than 5 times the original labor cert. did mention all this in the AC21 letter. sent emp letters from both last and future employer and pay stubs from last employer.

Cheers to all !
:) :) :)

My current salary is around 45K. My 140 is approved. I have got a job for 90K and I am thinking of AC21. I am worried about the salary differential.

WHat's ur opinion.

U seem to have 4 times salary differential.Can you give me approx figures(if you don't mind)

Thanks