AC21 advice please?

BeenHad

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Am looking for some advice on pulling together a transfer of job. Am currently working for a client through two tiers of consulting companies. My employment and GC is through the company, based in Michigan. My I485 has been filed and it is past 10 months since my Notice-date.

Now my 1st tier company (based in Texas) wants to hire me into their company. The job at the client is the same.

I do wish to take the better offer, but also may be left with no choice but join this 1st tier company.

I know that I need to use AC21 clause. But what exactly does that mean?

1. Do I need to fill out any forms and submit to BCIS when I transfer?
2. Does my case need to be transferred from Nebraska Service Center to Texas Service Center? If yes, what exactly is involved in this?
3. Is there anything else I need to close-loop on?

Thanks much and great speed to all of you
--BH

Originally posted by BeenHad
Hi all,
Am looking for some advice on pulling together a transfer of job. Am currently working for a client through two tiers of consulting companies. My employment and GC is through the company, based in Michigan. My I485 has been filed and it is past 10 months since my Notice-date.

Now my 1st tier company (based in Texas) wants to hire me into their company. The job at the client is the same.

I do wish to take the better offer, but also may be left with no choice but join this 1st tier company.

I know that I need to use AC21 clause. But what exactly does that mean?

1. Do I need to fill out any forms and submit to BCIS when I transfer?
2. Does my case need to be transferred from Nebraska Service Center to Texas Service Center? If yes, what exactly is involved in this?
3. Is there anything else I need to close-loop on?

Thanks much and great speed to all of you
--BH

1. There are no forms or anything, usually a employment letter with job description matching LC and a few paystubs are sufficient to establish eligibility for AC21.
2. I don't know - there doesn't seem to be any consistent pattern there
3. Just talk to your attorney and make sure you are not missing anything. Try to match the new job description (if possible, title) as closely to your LC job as possible, also having a better salary is favorable. Some attorneys advise against a change of location but there is no consensus on that. Remember to file AR-11 when you move.

Important one

After reading the posts on the forum I want add one more thing to requirement for AC-21.

If your lawyer is company paid and you feel that he will not be co-operative then change him at this stage only. Otherwise later in case of RFE he will become pain