AC21 180 Days rule ON HOLD, Is this true??

I don\'t think so...

Like some of the responses on that post, I think that officer was acting on his own. I think this guy (who was called for an interview) made a HUGE mistake not taking a competent attorney with him. Anyway, I think this (AC21) is a very big gray area and open to a lot of interpretation, but by the same token I don\'t think that this officer could make such a sweeping judgment on this (akin to making his own regulations).

Still I would recommend that if any of the clauses of AC21 affects your case in any way, discuss and research it thoroughly with your lawyer and other sources (including multiple expert opinions). And if you are called for an interview, definitely invest those extra bucks that are required to take a top notch lawyer with you.

Good luck!!!

I know a very close friend of mine approved on AC21 law...

He changed his job > 180days and never informed INS. And one day he saw his approval notice in his mail box and that was the end of the story. I am doing the same and my attorney told me that we will let things go the way they are. In case of an RFE/Interview, she says we can present a very strong case(of course only if it comes to that) that I was >180 days and with the same job description and title and with the paystubs from the new employer.

I don\'t think they can hold AC21.

AC21 was approved by congress and signed by President. I don’t think INS or even president has the right to hold or withdraw it. To hold/withdraw, they have to get congress approval and it has to be signed by president because it is a LAW.

Please read

Question 5 : What is meant by "same or similar" job?

The position must have the same essential job duties. For example, in the computer field the position can use different software and computer languages but it must require the same basic functions. A programmer is still a programmer, even if using different languages or working on a different application. A baker is still a baker, whether making bread, rolls, muffins, or croissants. The narrowest interpretation would consider the position to be under the same category in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles or the O*NET published by the Department of Labor. This narrow interpretation is the INS position as mentioned in the June 2001 INS Interim Guidance on AC21. However, we have lobbied for a broader and more liberal interpretation with senior INS officers at various meetings. In practice, the INS has agreed that the AC21 law does not limit it to an identical DOT or O*Net code and has approved many cases throughout the local INS offices and the INS Service Centers in which the new position does not match the earlier job with respect to DOT Code or O*Net classification.