ac140 when aos pending

shubh

Registered Users (C)
can i do cp using AC140 when my aos is pending at tsc. i am in eb3 category and from mumbai. would filing 824 cancel my pending 485 and approved ead/ap or can i continue with both. would appreciate insights from people who have experience in this. is doing this advisable now. thanks in advance.

Originally posted by shubh
can i do cp using AC140 when my aos is pending at tsc.
Yes, An individual can file AC-140 when AOS is pending. Actually AC-140 is made for such scenarios where it getting long to get GC through AOS.

i am in eb3 category and from mumbai. would filing 824 cancel my pending 485 and approved ead/ap or can i continue with both.
Filing I-824 does has some impact on I-485, EAD, Parole. I don't know the specifics. An individual can enjoy the benefits of AOS and CP for some time, but tread carefully.

I would appreciate insights from people who have experience in this. is doing this advisable now. thanks in advance.

ac140

thanks cpdelhi. if after filing 824 but before it is processed, if one withdraws it then would that affect the previously filed 485 or would that 485 be safe.

Re: ac140

Originally posted by shubh
thanks cpdelhi. if after filing 824 but before it is processed, if one withdraws it then would that affect the previously filed 485 or would that 485 be safe.

I am not experienced with filing applications (I-824), with-drawing applications and filing again.

What I know is that BCIS (INS) processing is slow. So make your mind of what you want to do before creating comlications for yourself.

Thanks & Good luck.

shubh,
Filing I-824 will not automatically cancel your I-485, Mumbai consulates requires I-824 receipt for processing AC-140 cases not an approved I-824, currently depending upon your service center I-824 takes anywhere from 4-8 months. So unless the I-824 is about to be approved, your I-485 remains safe. When the I-824 is about to be approved, you will receive a letter asking whether you want to proceed with I-824 or 485.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.