AC-21Rule questions

SPASK

Registered Users (C)
My I140 is recently got approved and my I485 will hit 180 days by Jun 1st week. Meantime I got full time offer and what is the risk if I join the company before I485 approval. I thought of using AC-21 rule and also want to join only after the pending 180 days. What precautions I need to take for a safe I485 approval. The following are some of my questions

1) I applied GC from NSC and the company I am going to join is under VSC. Is it an issue?
2) Even though the technical job is similar what ever I am doing as consultant, my job title will be different (not as "PROGRAMMER ANALYST"). Will it be a problem. I am going to work same technologies.
3) Do I need to inform about the my new company and they need to provide any new documents?

Please respond with your suggestions!!

SPASK said:
My I140 is recently got approved and my I485 will hit 180 days by Jun 1st week. Meantime I got full time offer and what is the risk if I join the company before I485 approval. I thought of using AC-21 rule and also want to join only after the pending 180 days. What precautions I need to take for a safe I485 approval. The following are some of my questions

1) I applied GC from NSC and the company I am going to join is under VSC. Is it an issue?
2) Even though the technical job is similar what ever I am doing as consultant, my job title will be different (not as "PROGRAMMER ANALYST"). Will it be a problem. I am going to work same technologies.
3) Do I need to inform about the my new company and they need to provide any new documents?

Please respond with your suggestions!!

Here are some more questions on AC21. Gurus, please respond.

1. Let’s say I moved to CA from WA, will my I485 processing move to CSC?
2. If it is not moved to CSC, will I have to come back to Seattle for doing my finger printing?
3. Does filing an AC21 slow down the I485 processing?
4. Do I have to get the same pay as declared in my Labor Certification when I move to a new company?
5. Can I work as an independent software consultant?

Thanks,

kishorch said:
Here are some more questions on AC21. Gurus, please respond.

1. Let’s say I moved to CA from WA, will my I485 processing move to CSC?
2. If it is not moved to CSC, will I have to come back to Seattle for doing my finger printing?
3. Does filing an AC21 slow down the I485 processing?
4. Do I have to get the same pay as declared in my Labor Certification when I move to a new company?
5. Can I work as an independent software consultant?

Thanks,
New AC21 rules.. Check the attachment released today..
Thanks
KK

Kishore,

Thanks for attaching the memo. It answers most of my questions. One more question:

If I decide to use AC21 to move to another company, will I be working on my EAD? Is there a need to get my 7th year H1B extension?

Any idea?

Hi, Gurus:

If a person is from Retrogression affected country and just got his LC, can he do cocurrent filing of 140 and 485 if his PD is way after June, 2002? can he file 485? If not, he will not be able to accumulate the 180 days of 485 pending even if his 140 is approved. Then AC21 is useless for him. Am I right?

Thanks!