AC-21 - Please share u'r experiences

Vignesh_S

Registered Users (C)
Guys, now that my I-140 has been approved. I want to use AC-21. Please share our experiences. I need your thoughts...pros & cons regarding that..

kumarrad said:
My I140 is not approved yet, but 7 months have gone. Can I use AC21 before I140 is approved?

I think this has been discussed a lot here. See attachment for CIS interpretation.

kumarrad said:
My I140 is not approved yet, but 7 months have gone. Can I use AC21 before I140 is approved?

I am in the same boat, I have been strongly discouraged by others in this forum not to do it, and I have to agree with them, why risk. If you have to do it (like lay off etc) then go for it, otherwise, just hold on.

bharad1 said:
I think this has been discussed a lot here. See attachment for CIS interpretation.
So basically what they are saying is only if 140 is APPROVED and 180 days passed after applying 485. Correct?

Yes thats what I got from the letter....

I agree with what uk123 said -- if your back is to the wall and you got nothing to lose, then go ahead and change jobs and hope current employer doesn't revoke 140 or get RFE on it. Otherwise, its much safer to wait.