AC-21 Change jobs now or after GC? Pls. Advise...

nhats

Registered Users (C)
Facts:
A) I just changed jobs last December 8. (Petitioning Employer died in a tragic accident - and the office was closed.) Unfortunately, the current post that I have has a employment condition e.g. I need to pass the AICPA Exams from the date of employment. (Which I am hesitant to take, as I need to shell out $5K)

B) My current job is slightly different from my prior job. Further, this employer already signed the Employment verification letter that I submitted to the INS (that I have the same job as per my labor cert.)

C) I got another job offer from another company. (Same jobs, profit sharing, hopefully nearer to my apartment - I currently drive 1 and a half hour to my current workplace) I am TEMPTED of switching jobs.

Questions:
1) Would you, gurus, or anybody suggest that I do it now, or after the approval of GC?

2) How would the INS verify that I changed jobs 6 months after the GC was approved?

3) As this current employer already signed the employment verification letter that was submitted to the INS, would they question me as to the reasons why I kept switching employers?

4) I know that the first reason of switching employer: Petitioning employer died is excusable, do you think convenience from the place of residence:work also a good excuse to switch jobs?

My WAC-02-205-5XXXX. For all I know it will be processed or touched in December, 2004. would appreciate input please.

thanks.

You can change to another job after changing job once, we have seen on the forum people changing two jobs and still getting GC approved. AC21 does not say that you can change job once only, but it is not advised to change many jobs too.

This is my opinion doyour own research and ask an expert.

-RM

nhats,

Absolutely no problem to change jobs as many times as you want too. That is the whole point of AC21. So in that I disagree with RM_CSC. AC21 stands for American Competitiveness in the 21st Centure. The work "competitive" precludes restrictions on job changes.

The mere fact you have so many jobs available in this economy speaks highly of your requisite skills.

And a commute of 90 mins one way definitely is a terrific argument for changing jobs.

Also, I would advise you to change your job before you get your GC as compared to after.

Good luck!