AC-21 and write of mandamus

angela_c

Registered Users (C)
I am preparing my wom now. there is a tricky situation with me.
I switched job after I485, but i didn't send AC21 letter. As I am preparing my case, I have to state my current company name , should I send my ac21 before wom, so uscis won't use this to attack me?
Thanks a lot

what is wom? Also, it is upto you if you want to proactively send AC21. It is always better to. But even proactively sending it does not mean USCIS will act on it. Assuming you have not sent it, USCIS would still continue to process your I-485 application with the existing information they have on your application i.e. you are still employed or intent to be employed by your employer who petitioned the I-140 for you. It is only if your ex-employer notifies the USCIS that you are no longer working for them OR that they no longer intend to employ you, then USCIS will act on your application.

USCIS should not deny your application right away but instead they should send you a NOID (notice of intent to deny) before they actually deny your 485 application. You will be given 30 days time to respond to the NOID with the necessary documents. It is very important that your address stays up-todate with USCIS. Also if your I-485 is still represented by your previous lawyer then the NOID would go to that lawyer not you.