AC-140 and I-824

bluegrass

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my I824 form in Jan. Can I submit AC-140 to mumbai consulate? When can I expect interview call?
Thanks

Yes !

You can send Packet3 to Mumbai along with your receipt(fee) for I824.
Normally, it takes around 1-2 weeks to get the receipt.
Hope this helps.
Note: go to www.immihelp.com and cp section.It\'s all there.

Definitely

Yes, you can send your Packet3 to Mumbai Consulate
and you can get your case started there.
All the Best and keep us informed of any changes in AC140 that you may find out.
Thanks

thanks

Thanks for your response. I had a couple of more questions.

1. Do I have to wait to receive packet3 from NVC or can I just download from immihelp.com and submit it along with I824 receipt?

2. For PCC can I submit my husband\'s and my passport together to CGNY (consulate general in NY) ? Both our passports have been issued in the US.

3. Also, I didn\'t see any timeframes indicated for AC-140 on cptracker.com. which column should I be following?

Thanks a lot for your response.

see below

1. No, you don\'t have to wait for NVC for anything.You can surely download it and send it yourself.
2. Yes, you and your spouse can submit your passports at the same time.
3. On cptracker.com, you may continue looking from column \'P3 Mailed to Consulate\'.

Hope this helps.

CP Indication

Hi Bluegrass,

Did you indicate CP Process in your I140 application? Is it necessary to indicate the CP Process ?? As far as i know it is not necessary for filing AC140, but wanted to make sure.

CPers please help.

Thanks.

did not indicate CP in I-140

No I didn\'t indicate CP in I-140. My lawyers are really bad - they did not want to do CP- they said it was too risky. I insisted and so they finally agreed. Therefore they had not indicated that in I-140. They didn\'t even tell me about AC-140. I figured it out after following this forum.
Thanks for all your help

bluegrass...

I am asking you this question because I am in the same boat as you are. I have files my I-824 on 01/13/2002 from NSC and waiting for the receipt. I belong to Chennai jurisdiction and don\'t know whether Mumbai will accept my case or not. Also I would like to know...in how many days did you get your receipt and from which service center.
Thanks.

No Title

yes I belong to Mumbai jurisdiction. I am not sure when exactly my lawyer filed I-824. He doesn\'t give specific dates - but I believe it was sent to VSC sometime last week. Am still waiting for receipt. The ealier posts say it takes about 1-2 weeks. So currently I am trying to get all the other documents ready so that there is no delay in filing packet 3.

Pakcet3

Hi bluegrass,

I am also in the same boat as you are and am frm Mumbai too.
My lawyer is also as bad as your is, they keep telling me to go for I485 process. I am insisting them to go for CP which they said is very risky too. But what i am hearing is that its straight forward process. And some of my friends have come back after CP and its faster too. So am opting for CP too. Please keep updating us of the Packet3 information and the list that you are preparing and how are you going to send it.

Thanks.

AlwaysCP

I\'m glad there are a bunch of us in the same boat. Let\'s keep this thread going so that we can keep each other informed. Since my lawyer is of not much help - I am depending on this forum for all my information. What are your case details? are you going for AC-140 as well? did you receive I-824 receipt?

Glad to hear frm you Blue Grass

Yeah, my lawyer is an A**Hole, i am depending on this forum information too.
My Case details, i have just submitted my I140 in TSC. i know iknow its going to be a while, but trying to get all the information as rules change nowadays.
di u apply I140 in TSC, how much time did it take for you for approval?
Lets keep this discussion going. its great.
Thanks.

No Title

I applied for I-140 at VSC in sept 2001 and got approval in late nov 2001. Then it took me a month to convince my lawyer that I wanted to do CP and not 485. They just filed I-824 recently. Let\'s see what happens next...