About welcome letter

cc7211

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am waiting for the plastic card right now and wondering if I will receive the welcome letter first or the letter will come with the card ? How long it gonna take to receive the welcome letter after your approval ? Can I call 1800# to make a inquiry about it after 30 days wait? Is there anybody can share your experience ? Thank you ! :)

I think Welcome letter is only sent in cases where the person has been interviewed. Stamping cases recieve the GC straight (no welcome for them :) )

Yeppo

yeppo said:
I think Welcome letter is only sent in cases where the person has been interviewed. Stamping cases recieve the GC straight (no welcome for them :) )

Yeppo

Oh.really ! I thought every GC holder will get an welcome letter , thanks for the correction !!
:)

..i got my letter saying you got a stamp you passport on5th may and got my passport stamped the same day and so far nothing..im also waiting for plastic cards
please let me know if you too get any more info

You can send me personal msg about if in case im not able to login back here
thanks

Got my card on May-2 and no welcome later. :rolleyes:

utkarsh said:
..i got my letter saying you got a stamp you passport on5th may and got my passport stamped the same day and so far nothing..im also waiting for plastic cards
please let me know if you too get any more info

You can send me personal msg about if in case im not able to login back here
thanks

green card

cc7211 said:
Got my card on May-2 and no welcome later. :rolleyes:
i got my welcome letter on 05/06/2005 after being issued on 03/29/2005, my card was ordered on 05/05/2005 and mailed on 05/10/2005 , i received my card on 05/14/2005...good luck

My I 485 was approved on 03-10-05 and passport stamped on 03-24-05. My filing center is NSC. How long do I have to wait for the physical card? Thanks for your help!

Shilak

FP after I-551 Stamping?

I got my 485 approval from NE Service center on 2/19/05 and I 551 stamp on 3/7/05, but I still haven't received any notification or card from USCIS, infact, the online status still reflects the two year old message that the process is taking between 570 and 600 days to process.

My wife got her stamping today and got fingerprinted again. I have heard that there is some flaw in the process and that previous fingerprint records are not available for new cards. Which mean, that everyone whose plastic card is pending will have to get FP again.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone been asked to FP again after the I 551 stampin?

2. What step should one take if they don't receive the card within 8 months?

thanks
A :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Be patient.

I got my I-485 approval from NSC on 15-Nov-05 and stamped passport on 23-Nov-05.
Received green card on 10-May-05 without any welcome letter.
I know a couple of people that went through the same, so I guess you could expect NSC to send your new card about 6 months after I-551 stamp and do not go crazy if you haven't received welcome letter yet.