About U Visa

Shawshank

I was wondering if I would be eligible for a U visa application considering that the crime (robbery at gun point) occurred in late 2006 when the U Visa became effective only in October of 2007. The local law enforcement agency in the city that I live has said they will sign off on the Nonimmigrant Status Certification (Form I-918, Supplement B). My only question is does anyone know if the law can be retroactively applied to violent crimes that happened before the effective date?

Thank You.

Below given are the eligliblity of U Visa. You can fins more information about U-Visa, here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client

relationship with Law Firm.

I was wondering if I would be eligible for a U visa application considering that the crime (robbery at gun point) occurred in late 2006 when the U Visa became effective only in October of 2007. The local law enforcement agency in the city that I live has said they will sign off on the Nonimmigrant Status Certification (Form I-918, Supplement B). My only question is does anyone know if the law can be retroactively applied to violent crimes that happened before the effective date?

Thank You.