about sponsoring fiance

orchid209

i need help with sponsoring my fiance from a foreign country and i am not sure how am i supposed to do it? Which forms must i fill out and what step must i take? How do i beginn? Please help and it is urgent!
orchid

the thing is he is my husband and i'm trying to get him to the U.S. but i'm not sure how. I think i'm supposed to fill out the form I-130 then i must turn it in. When they send me a receipt i must send the receipt along with the form called I-129F, right? Then i have my husband go to the U.S. consulate in his country and apply for a K-Visa, right?Then i just wait for the approval of the I-130, right? Please tell me what must i do. But then i heard that if u bring them over as a fiance it is quicker for them to get here right? Get back to me as soon as possible,please.And thanks
orchid

try this site

http://k1.exit.com/

K-3 In a Nutshell
1. Citizen spouse files I-130 to Service Center. Obtains notice of receipt from Service Center, files I-129F to Chicago Center.
2. Chicago sends I-129F to Missouri Center, Missouri approves the petition and forwards to foreign US consulate.
3. Consulate sends Packet #3 to foreign spouse, spouse gets medical exam, police certificate, documents, has interview scheduled.
4. Spouse gets K3 visa at interview, enters US as K3, applies for adjustment of status, even if the I-130 is not yet approved.

It use to be that fiancee visa was faster than filing for spouse but since INS release K-3 visa for spouses of US citizen, it takes pretty much the same time.

If you have marriage certificate from the foreign country, go for
I-130. you should get a reciept in about 15 days and as soon as u get the reciept apply for I 129 for spouse along with the copy of reciept of I 130 and sent to chicago service center.
the whole process should be done in about 3-4 months (including getting visa fron the foreign consulate).

Once u file I 129, u can send affidavit of support along with that or wait till ur spouse gets the packet3 and send ur affidavit of support to him. Coz consulate in foreign country needs to see it. INS has nothing to do with.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the right way mummy

the thing is he is my husband and i'm trying to get him to the U.S. but i'm not sure how. I think i'm supposed to fill out the form I-130 then i must turn it in. When they send me a receipt i must send the receipt along with the form called I-129F, right? Then i have my husband go to the U.S. consulate in his country and apply for a K-Visa, right?Then i just wait for the approval of the I-130, right? Please tell me what must i do. But then i heard that if u bring them over as a fiance it is quicker for them to get here right? Get back to me as soon as possible,please.And thanks
orchid

1. Complete form I-130 and form I-129F then send them together (note ) you do not need to wait for the reciept, there is no law or place it says you have to wait for the reciepts, But when you file form I-129F you must prove you have file form I-130 and how do you do this, simple

make a copy of I-130 and attache with form I-129F and send it . with appropreate fees with all the evidence that your relation with your husband is bonafide. eg, marrage cert, air line ticket that you have see him, hotel reservation, picture of the weddings, affidavite from someone saying he/she know both of you and your relation is true. Attach two G-325 forms one for you and one for your husband, along with I-29F and send it --keep the reciepts

2. Send form I-130 along with two form G-325 one for you and one for your husband, actuall you can make a copies and attach allong with form I-130. attached all evidences that this relationship is bonafide. just like you do in sending form I-129F and that is all you need, and wait and you should be able to get both reciepts at the same time.

I am saying this because i did this way and it works, they send both NOTiCE OF ACTION (NOA) to me at the same time, to days apart. believe me this is the way it works, read the instruction on form I-129F and you will discovered you do not have to wait for NOA from I-130 in order for you to file I-129F

On July 26, 2007 i send both form I-130 and form I-129F with evidence and on August 22, 2007 i recieved NOA for I-130 and August 23, 2007 i recieve NOA for I-129F. less than 4 weeks. now all i have to do wait for them to approve it or denied it. or ask for more evidences. I am living witness to this. Do this way and everything will be ok, just make sure you include all evidences and complete your paper online online if possible and print it, make it neat and clean.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator: