About EB-3 Visa Numbers Availability

Avarex

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

I am hearing in this forum that EB-3 Visa Numbers have been unavailable but one of my friend got approval on I-485 (Nebraska) on 01-May-2006 in EB-3 visa category (In Worldwide Category with Subtituted labor of 98). so my question is

1) Are visa number really unavailable ? and if it is true when they will be available again ?

2) What is the yearly quota on visa numbers for worldwide, china and india. if any one know.

I know it is a california center forum but i am not getting any feedback from Nebraska forum so i post the question here.

Thanks for all of your help
Regards,
Avarex

Avarex,

Visa Number is available for people whose priority date is prior to
Employment-Based
All Chargeability Areas CHINA-
Except Those Listed mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES

1st C 01JUL04 01JUL05 C C
2nd C 01JAN04 01JAN03 C C
3rd 01MAY01 01MAY01 01MAR01 15APR01 01MAY01

Priority date for EB3 will always be date you applied for Labor certification (or the substitue labor applied date)

Incase of NIW or OR where labor certification is not need Priority date will be date I140 is applied

As for the yearly quota it is hard to determine (give you the exact number) that as there are a lot of factor which go with it. You may want to read all posting by Unitied nations in this from where he has tried to explain the factor on how they determine the number somewhere in the post
Also read the following link on what percentages for each category
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2868.html

This should answer you questions

Avarex
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2005

About EB-3 Visa Numbers Availability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Guys,

I am hearing in this forum that EB-3 Visa Numbers have been unavailable but one of my friend got approval on I-485 (Nebraska) on 01-May-2006 in EB-3 visa category (In Worldwide Category with Subtituted labor of 98). so my question is

1) Are visa number really unavailable ? and if it is true when they will be available again ?

2) What is the yearly quota on visa numbers for worldwide, china and india. if any one know.

I know it is a california center forum but i am not getting any feedback from Nebraska forum so i post the question here.

Thanks for all of your help
Regards,
Avarex