Ability to Pay RFE at 485 stage

sai_srinivas

Registered Users (C)
I have changed to a new employer (Dec 2004) after my 140 is approved and after 6 months. My 485 is pending in NSC.

Today i got to see the RFE asking for employment verification and ability to Pay from the new company.

There are several documents mentioned like W2, Tax returns of the company, annual report, Quarterly results or letter from CFO if employees > 100.

MY new company is a huge company well known in US and internatioanlly with over 50000 employees. Due to policies of these big companies, i am not sure whether i will be able to get the documentation that is asked for.

In these situations - if i can get annual report from internet posted publicly etc, will that be enough? please suggest.

sai_srinivas said:
I have changed to a new employer (Dec 2004) after my 140 is approved and after 6 months. My 485 is pending in NSC.

Today i got to see the RFE asking for employment verification and ability to Pay from the new company.

There are several documents mentioned like W2, Tax returns of the company, annual report, Quarterly results or letter from CFO if employees > 100.

MY new company is a huge company well known in US and internatioanlly with over 50000 employees. Due to policies of these big companies, i am not sure whether i will be able to get the documentation that is asked for.

In these situations - if i can get annual report from internet posted publicly etc, will that be enough? please suggest.
u should get an EVL from that company[include that salary on the letter]. send it along with some recent pay stubs, ur 2004 w2.

sai_srinivas said:

I think the annual report and your W2 and/or recent paystubs should be sufficient. Even if your payrate isn't great, if the company is profitable you should be fine.

I would like to add one comment. Company makes profit or loss is not directly related to pay ability. My comany has been making loss about 2 million a year ever since it established. Company showed pay ability and my application apporved.

lisansw said:
I would like to add one comment. Company makes profit or loss is not directly related to pay ability. My comany has been making loss about 2 million a year ever since it established. Company showed pay ability and my application apporved.

Yes this true. There are lots of people i know got I-140 approval with company in Bankruptcy.