A Typical Issue with address change- HELP! HELP!

In-Delema

Registered Users (C)
Problem Scenario:-

1) H1B expirying on 10th Aug 2004
2)Applied for H1B extention.
3)Changing home address in August 2004 end.
4)EAD Expiring on 9th Jan, 2005.

I wanted to file for EAD renewal as it may trigger my 140 approval(140 filed on Sep 22, 2003), many people have suggested on this board.

Q1) Is it a good time for EAD renewal or should I wait until I move to new location.

Q2)DOes any where in the EAD application, they ask for I94 expiration date because my I94 will be expired by august end.

Q3) If my I94 has expired, how do I apply for EAD renewal.

Thanks

Q1) Is it a good time for EAD renewal or should I wait until I move to new location.
==> It is better if you wait till after you move. If you apply now, you will have to mention current address and then inform USCIS of the change of address, this we all know is not a fool proof process and your EAD may still get sent to old address.

Q2)DOes any where in the EAD application, they ask for I94 expiration date because my I94 will be expired by august end.
==> No, they do not ask for I-94 expiration date on the EAD app. But they do ask you to submit copy of I-94.

==> An expired I-94 should not create any problems. You should however mention in the cover letter that H1 extension has been applied and send the copy of H1 receipt.

Thanks sertra2002 for your valuable information.
I will apply for my EAD renewal after I move to new location.

Thanks Again.

sertra2002 said:
==> It is better if you wait till after you move. If you apply now, you will have to mention current address and then inform USCIS of the change of address, this we all know is not a fool proof process and your EAD may still get sent to old address.

==> No, they do not ask for I-94 expiration date on the EAD app. But they do ask you to submit copy of I-94.

==> An expired I-94 should not create any problems. You should however mention in the cover letter that H1 extension has been applied and send the copy of H1 receipt.

Hi All,
I have a question/concern regarding :change of address", we have moved to a new place and during this process our EAD/AP documents were sent to
the old address and it was late too by the time we informed USCIS of our address change.
When I called them, they have said that I it will take aound 30 days for them to have it "re-delivered" and its almost 2 weeks now. My question is..is this the info to wait 30 days is correct? Or there is any other procedure to follow ?

Thanks,
Vjy

In-Delema said:
Problem Scenario:-

I wanted to file for EAD renewal as it may trigger my 140 approval(140 filed on Sep 22, 2003), many people have suggested on this board

In-Dilema,

I am not so sure about EAD triggering 140 approval. I had my EAD recently renewed and nothing happend. So far we only saw OctFiler approved and we are trying to generate conclusions about it, but we are not really sure why and how he got approved so soon. There are hundreds of applicants in the same position as him, and at this point, it could be just being lucky.
Elnegro