A tougher Nov'2001 case...finally approved!

newmanmarcus

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,
I’m pleased to inform my case (including my wife’s) got approved on 25th Sep, as per AVM and online status. I would also expect fellow 485ites, who's cases have been pending for too long, to keep up their hope. My case is even an example of some complicated ones. For instance...

> 485 filed with VSC, in, as early as, Nov'2001
> in 16 months from then I had to change the employer
> for a salary 13% less than labor, 23% less than actual and on hourly basis
> moved to new location (coast to coast)
> got RFE: original medicals submitted by the doctor did not include suppliment form (go get the one from the same doc!), salary statements, employment letter, w2, tax and wife's medicals
> sent necessary documents to the new employer. He just slept on my them for 1 1/2 months!
> new employer's lawyer scared me with even further delay (of course his fees too)
> meanwhile 2nd FP scheduled at my old address(Jeasus...on another side of US). Lawyer did not respond to my calls. On friends' advice attended at a local center.
> few weeks later, FBI simply scared me to death saying my FP's got passed on to CSC??!! Again lawyer was not available for an opinion
> contacted SFO senator, Dianne and she initiated expedition in 1 month.
> in 15 days from then my status changed to 'Approved'! (Still did not get any answer from senator's office though)

EB3.IND.NJ
RD: 11/29/2001
ND: 12/14/2001
FP1:
Job Switch: 03/15/2003
RFE Sent: 04/11/2003
RFE RD: 06/24/2003
FP2: Scheduled - 08/12/2003; Attended - 07/24/2003
AD: 09/25/2003

So guys keep the faith... in whatever...
Regards,
Marcus

Congradulation to your success. It certaily sounded a long and wild ride. I wonder if you can share some your information in more detail to help many here: Did you do any paper work after moving coast to coast and still get the 2nd FP notice? Did you have to renew EAD and or AP after the move, if so with which service center? Thank you in advance!

Congratulations !!
and welcome in California.
Also, pleased to hear Senator Dianne Feinstein had supported you.
Enjoy your freedom.
-kashmir (in California)

Congratulations !

Just as in my kids cases, it would be interesting to know if the senator's enquiry helped. So far, though my kids have been approved recently, the senator has not contacted me as yet. I will know certainly this coming week, just in case some letter from his office is in the mail.

congratulations!
enjoy!

but i am still waiting here

rd 11/13/2001
nd 12/7/2001
1st fp 4/10/2003
rfe issue date 5/13/2003
rfe rd 6/10/2003
2nd fp 9/6/2003 but did 8/10/2003
ad: ???

Cynical mind,,

Do the senators/congressman have any jurisdiction over the DOJ? What exactly do they say or do that makes the case expedited? Or is it that, we think that the senator played a role whereas the case wouldve been approved anyways?

Thanks a lot to you all for your wishes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi PATIENCE2003,

**** Documents ****
After I had changed my job and moved to new location my old company's lawyer received the RFE. In two weeks from then I submitted all supporting docs to my new employer and a change of address (AR11) to BCIS. My new employer and his lawyer almost took 2 months to respond to the RFE. One month later, BCIS issued a 2nd FP notice scheduled near my old adress (!) since my original FP's had expired. I do not think there is a direct relation between RFE/AR11 response and 2nd FP. I was actually about to submit for an EAD/AP renewal. Fortunately, my 485 got approved, just in time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi KASHMIR, 2001DEC and VASHI17

**** Senator's Help ****
I frankly do not know if the Senator expediting the case has really helped. Only a month after I requested her, she replied to me saying she was sending an enquiry letter. Even her cover letter to VSC included some mistakes in my receipt # and A #. There was no response from her office when I tried to get somebody fix the problem. On top of that, there is still no further answer till now from her office regarding my case status. Of course, in two weeks after she had sent the letter to VSC my case got approved. Her office only told me it would take around 6-8 weeks for the service center to respond to her inquiry. Well... I would say it would not be a bad idea to approach them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks and good luck to you all,
Marcus.