• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A System Error Has Occurred !

BlueCobra

I checked the DV lottery website moments ago and an error message is there. Normally, the message should have been like " Thank You, the entrant registration period for DV-2020 is over. "

I had checked the website about 90 minutes before the scheduled end of the registration period, and it was Okay. However, now there is this message.

In my view, there are two possibilities of that.

First, the entrant registration period has ended and they haven't yet updated the website. Secondly, it is possible that a technical glitch occurred during the last hour or so of the entrant registration period.

In the latter case, would they re-run the whole process again, just to be fair to everyone involved?

I checked the DV lottery website moments ago and an error message is there. Normally, the message should have been like " Thank You, the entrant registration period for DV-2020 is over. "

I had checked the website about 90 minutes before the scheduled end of the registration period, and it was Okay. However, now there is this message.

First, the entrant registration period has ended and they haven't yet updated the website. Secondly, it is possible that a technical glitch occurred during the last hour or so of the entrant registration period.

In the latter case, would they re-run the whole process again, just to be fair to everyone involved?

So the whole 5 weeks worth of entries should be made invalid to be "fair" to people that thought they would wait until the final hour of entries.

LOLOLOL

Nope. I learnt that the hard way one year, we tried to submit on the last day and just couldn’t get through to final submission. With 5 weeks to do it there is plenty of time... it’s hardly “fair” to extend the entry period. What happens if they actually did that and people who hadn’t entered yet and thought they’d missed out only found out after the fact? Then to be “fair” they would have to reopen entries yet again and it would never end....