A rough analysis of NSC data

inkink

Registered Users (C)
The attached spread sheet contains data from the "recent approvals" and "processing statistics" at NSC from immigrationwatch.com.

Just a few observations of the data:

1. 140 processing activity is spread across a wide filing date range. Without any further information regarding 140 sub-categories, it seems NSC is processing several months in a batch.

2. October 2003 ~ May 2004 SEEMs to be where NSC concentrated their processing capacity in the last month.

3. The processing peak will probably move forward once October pending percentage is around 10%. This is based on the observation that 10% seems to be a historic threshold at which NSC starts moving forward (at least from immigrationwatch.com data).

4. The most striking observation, though, is the fact that NSC processed not even 100 cases (72 approvals, RFEs, denials, etc.) in the 31 days between 1/14/2005 and 2/14/2005. Considering well over 1000 cases are filed at NSC each month, it takes NSC more than 10 month to process the applications filed in one months. If the immigrationwatch.com data is accurate, then the backlog is not being reduced, but increasing at an astonishing rate.
Also, at this rate, NSC will not be able to move their processing date for at least another year (based on the 10% threshold theory).
Personally, I tend to believe the immigration.com data is only a very sparse sample and far from being complete or accurate. One other observation seems to support my belief: the other three centers are also approving cases at a rate much lower than the filing rate at these centers. Based on the immigration.com data, the ratio between monthly approvals (last month) and average monthly application filings (2004) is, respectively:
California: 1 : 15.4
Nebraska: 1 : 14.7
Texas: 1 : 7.37
Vermont: 1 : 12.20
Just by looking at this data, TSC has by far been out-performing the other three centers, which are pretty much on par with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about the 72 approvals between 1/20/05 - 2/14/05. Scanner shows about 176 approval for December 2003 cases during that period.

Abelle, I have much stronger confidence in your data. Actually I tried to scan the cases around my LIN number with the spreadsheet, since I have serious doubts about immigrationwatch.com, but very quickly got myself locked out of USCIS's website.
I hope folks here can get organized and distribute some scanner workload between us. If we can run the scanner from around 20 IPs, each scanning a half month period, then we can summarize the result data and get complete and precise statistics. I'm sure then we'll have a much better idea about how exactly NSC has been performing than, say, the NSC director.

abelle said:
I am not sure about the 72 approvals between 1/20/05 - 2/14/05. Scanner shows about 176 approval for December 2003 cases during that period.

Abelle, I understand you run the scanner weekly on December 2003 cases.
Would you please post your result for this week?

abelle said:

Here is the scanner, just run the macro "I140Scan" by pressing "Alt+F8", then fill in the parameters as requested. Don't be too greedy. If you fill in too wide a range you get locked out.

Dec162003 said:
I would like to work with your guys. But can you show us how to run scanner?

a tip

If you reset your modem (dsl) or your wireless router -- you get a new IP address and can run the scanner as much as you want.

Great work, guys.

Please don't trust immigrationwatch.com which ONLY lists very small portion of all cases. I noticed it long time ago. That's why I almost never looked at the immigrationwatch.com any more and just focused on this forum.

fiveice

Interesting analysis. but, I will say that the sample set from Immigration watch.com is little bit skewed.

Inkink,

CAN U GIVE ME DIRECTIONS HOW TO RUN THE SCANS?
I WANT TO MINE
MY 140 IS NOV 11 03

tHANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanner does not work properly.

Experts;

I ran the scanner and followed the instrutions. An additional work sheet was created according to year and date when the scan was supposed to be run.

But the work sheet never was not populated with any data. ? Is it possible to fill the work sheet automaticaly.

-Pearl

Even after lowering the security to low, I am getting the message: "the macros in this project are disabled" when running the macro"

Can anyone please help???

the_dude said:
Even after lowering the security to low, I am getting the message: "the macros in this project are disabled" when running the macro"

Can anyone please help???

Open Excel (without opening the tracker spreadsheet) Set security to med/low. Close Excel. Open spreadsheet

I finally was able to run the scanner but after abt few minutes, my IP address got locked out. I am running the scanner from a dial-up connection. How do I reset my IP address so that I can re-run the scanner?

Thanks

the_dude said:
I finally was able to run the scanner but after abt few minutes, my IP address got locked out. I am running the scanner from a dial-up connection. How do I reset my IP address so that I can re-run the scanner?

Thanks

Disconnect your internet and connect again. It should get you new IP.