A question

Dilip

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

A few days(months) back, there was a BCIS link that would give the status of a case based on company name. The result would include all the details of all the people in that company. Could you please post the link ? A friend of mine whose company is not parting with the LIN number wants to check the status.

Thanx in advance for the help.

Dilip

Dilip

Why would a company hold I-485 LIN numbers? The information goes from BCIS to the lawyer. During I-485 stage, only the applicant and the lawyer will be in the picture. Company's role is limited to providing employer letter when asked for. Your friend needs to get in touch with his/her lawyer. There might be cases where lawyers voilate ethics and standard practices to keep the company in good humour in the hope of getting more cases. Those kind of lawyers tend to listen to what the company asks them to do. Your friend needs to talk the lawyer and tell that he needs a copy of the receipt not only because he is entitled to it but also for security purpose. Lawyers should know by now that the security agencies at airports or anywhere or the driver's license offices can check for immigration status. It's a legal immigration document. If the lawyer still refuses, call the BCIS and ask them what needs to be done or call major attorneys like Sheela Murthy and get their advise.

Jagabalia

I think that link has nothing to do with BCIS. Your link is for labor petitions. Please verify. My opinion is, there is no such link with BCIS where you can check the case status based on company name. A case number is required to check the status.

Hi,

I agree with gcard2002. The link which is provided above is for LC. And the link would diplay only applications before year 2000.

Regads

LC - That's what I meant

Dileep

This site is to view all employees' permanent Labor Certification for any employer.

I do agree with gcard2000.

Sorry for the confusion.