a question to EAD gurus

Sharma123

Registered Users (C)
If EAD is approved and it has been mailed ( As per IIO ) and we do not get it. ( Because of address change). Is there a chance we can go to INS get and iEAD. Have anyone done this???

What shall one do if EAD is lost in mail???

My first EAD card was approved but I did not get it for 5 months. According to my attorney, once it's approved, you cannot go get an iEAD. You can file for a replacement if it's lost in the mail, that's what I did. If you card has NOT been approved in 90 days, then you can go and get an iEAD. Just my experience.

-goodday2002.

My experience - EAD

Mine got approved, per AVM.
Then I recieved Approval notice by mail in 2 weeks , and AVM updated that Card has been mailed.

Next, I waited for one month, and didnt recieve card, I called IIO, they confirmed my mailing address (it was same), and said - wait 5-6 weeks (standard answer!).
I kept waiting - another month, then called IIO again, they again asked me to wait, and said they have huge backlog, have two clerks working on EAD requests (out of which one is gone on leave), etc etc.
another month passed by, then my H1 was expiring, they said they will fax me letter that card is being mailed, and this letter should work for me.
I went to INS office SFO just one day before my H1 expiration for iEAD, they said - they cant issue iEAD, as my card was not lost in mail and they keep records for 6 months after which they destroy it. They said - i could apply for another one, but it will create confusion, and wait till first one is identified as 'Lost in Mail'.
Meanwhile AVM updated - to Card returned undelivered.
That was some relief. Then, called IIO again, they again confirmed my address, and said to wait for 5-6 weeks. Card making takes sometime.
Finally i recieved card in about 5 weeks from then.
In all - it took me - 5 months for me to recieve EAD card that is valid for 1 year.

Hope it helps.