A question related to I-864 Form

ismailelshlh

Dear friends,

I am filing form I-864. On page 4, it says "Income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size". My question is that, am I obligated to list my wife's income as well for this form and filling form I-864A as well ? My income alone support the poverty guideline.

My other question is that, on page 5, it says list the total income. I usually file jointly with my wife, so do I mention the total gross income for both of us ?, or just myself in specific?. I know that I am going to attach the transcript, however, I just want to know if my wife has to be part of this.

Regards,
Ismail Elshalh

No. If your own income is enough, so you don't need to include anyone else's income to reach the required level, their income does not have to be listed in Person 1-4 and they don't have to fill out I-864A. But I've heard that some consulates insist on having I-864A from the spouse anyway, even though this is not required by the form.

For the question that asks for the "total income" from your tax returns from the last 3 years, you must put the exact number it says on the "total income" line of your tax returns, even if you filed jointly and so this includes your spouse's income.