a good lawyer?

leina

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I need urgently an advice about a law firm.
I have a lawyer, he was hired by my company, but he seems to have an attitude - he does not care if I get my GC or not.
He does not respond to my e-mails and so on.
I want to start the process for GC independently of my company -
could somebody recommend me a competent lawyer or a law firm.
Whoever had a good experience - please advise on that.
Thanks a lot, guys.

leina,

Almost every one is the same. Better to keep ride on him/her rather than fall in other trap.

Originally posted by leina
Guys,
I need urgently an advice about a law firm.
I have a lawyer, he was hired by my company, but he seems to have an attitude - he does not care if I get my GC or not.
He does not respond to my e-mails and so on.
I want to start the process for GC independently of my company -
could somebody recommend me a competent lawyer or a law firm.
Whoever had a good experience - please advise on that.
Thanks a lot, guys.

Get a good attorney who had good experience and is part of big firm. Dont hire an attorney who is floating around in a message board, trust me I had very bad experiences.

need_gc_2004:

Who can you recommend in this regard? You can PM me if you do not want mention names here. Thanks.

Before changing attorney, speak to your employer. They also need to agree and support your decision.

Send me PM if you need further details.

Absolutely! Whoever is representing you in the LC filing is actually representing the company. You do not become the actual client until the I-485 is filed.

Make sure that any immigration attorney you hire is a member of AILA. Lack of membership indicates to me that the attorney does not handle enough immigration work to justify the $500 or so annual fee for AILA membership.