A Good 485 Question @ Murthy.com

Elias

Registered Users (C)
FYI:

Chat User : Hi, Murthy. Are you seeing any denials to I-485s these days? If so, what is the reasoning? Thanks for a wonderful, informative site!

Attorney Murthy : Thank you for your kind compliments. We do work hard but are motivated knowing how many people benefit from our WebSite. We do not see many denials on I-485s. A few cases, which had been denied, are based on I-140 revocations by the original sponsoring employer, and many of them are now being reversed. We are also obtaining approvals on our Motions to Reconsider with the CIS. Sometimes, the CIS, on its own motion, reopens the I-485 and agrees to continue processing it, even though they had earlier mentioned that it would be denied. The only few examples in which we have seen problems with I-485 approvals are where the person is not able to find a similar job or the salary differential is very high, or the new employer's tax returns make it clear that they really cannot afford to pay the required prevailing wage for the person, etc.

interesting. High salary, a problem!?!

interesting. High salary, a problem!?!

all in all, the problem is their processing time...

they expect everything stays the same after a long time (start from labor)... we are smart professinals, we deserve raise, we deserve career growth...

what INS is thinking?@#:confused:

How to find out

What range of the salary you should be in.
Other words, If LC says 50, and you making 100, how to know that you are out of the range??

Is any web site available where you can see salary range for yr job ??
Any web site ??

what a load of crap

I think the lawyers are trying to cover their butts in complicated cases.
1. DOL statistics easily show that there is a wide spread in salaries in the same position even in the same state, which depends on skill, experience, promotions, responsibility etc. This is a capitalist system - it is supposed to reward good workers. High salary does not mean different job as the BCIS so intelligently assumes. There is a reason those morons are working at a minimum wage for the government
2. Worst case scenario - if in an interview one runs into a hick IIO from the deep south who does not want any colored people to make more than him/her - just get a letter from the current employer that will will pay a base salary of LC+5% (rest in bonuses - don't mention) once the GC is approved.

I think this can be taken to the media on the race card. This new reglation can easily be interpreted as "foreigners cannot make more than natives" law. Which is absurd since the EB1,EB2,NIW categories are for people who already exceed expectations.

The fact that LOSM does not seem to know how handle and respond to this shows how useless they are too.

Re: How to find out

Originally posted by Bindaas
What range of the salary you should be in.
Other words, If LC says 50, and you making 100, how to know that you are out of the range??

Is any web site available where you can see salary range for yr job ??
Any web site ??

Yes there is - an funny thing is the official BCIS references contradict their policy :

Go from here (this is the official O*NET website mentioned in AC21 regs)

http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk_search

enter the job code and click on "summary" then scroll down to where there is "Wages and Employments" link.

From there you will end up in this kind of page with salary distributions :

http://www.acinet.org/acinet/occ_rep.asp?soccode=151051&stfips=34&search=Go

And as you can easily see - 50K difference is a no-brainer

Bindaas!!!!

You've posted this question million times ......
What's up !!!! Seems you got a well paying job .... am I right ??

Guys...

waytoolong, thaks for the responce.

GCJhalak, if you see the question carefully, you will know that I have never asked this question. And this question is important for me, I have to ask as long as I am not getting a satisfied answer, If that makes you unhappy, I am sorry, If you have answer or any suggetion, please say that.

Yes, I have a well paid job, and that is becoming a question of worring for me now.

the salary differential is very high

Hi,
Ms Murthy mentioned 'the salary differential is very high' in her chat but it's not clear whether she meant when salary goes up or goes down.
Can anybody clarify on this?