A-File not digitized, N-400 Pending

rangm021

Hi everyone! I"m hoping someone can shed some light on my situation.

I got my F-1 Visa in 2012 (Attending school in Florida)
I got married to my USC husband in November 2015 (In Orlando, Florida)
>>>We moved from Florida to Pennsylvania so my husband could finish school
We applied for I-485 Adjustment of Status in March 2016 and were approved in July of 2016 at the Philadelphia USCIS Office.
>>>In 2017, we moved back to Orlando Florida
I applied for Removal of Conditions in April 2018. ROC was approved in 2019 without interview.

I then applied for N-400 Naturalization in August 2019. My interview was yesterday, 2/3/2020.

The interview was fairly quick:

1. Got sworn under oath
2. Took Civics test
3. Took reading/writing test
4. Answered yes/no questions

The officer pointed at my file on the desk (which had only one paper on it). This is your file, it's a T-file. It's small because everything is digitized now. He then gave me the approval letter indicating that i'd passed the exam and was recommended for approval. We then started talking about how the Oath ceremony would most likely be in about a week.

While he was clicking around on his computer, he called another agent over and asked him "what do I do if I don't see the A-file in here?" The agent then came over to try to help and said "Ok so the N-400 is digitized and we have the I-485 but where's the A-File? Ahh here it is, it looks like it's not digitized yet and is at the NRC. You're gonna have to have the file sent over, so you can't make any approvals before getting the file". My interviewer then told me he'd walk me to the waiting room while asking his supervisor what he should do.

Five minutes later, my interviewer came out and said "So unfortunately I can't approve it just yet. I have to request the A-file, which should take between two weeks to 30 days. Once I receive it and look over it, I'll send you a letter by mail. Did you by any chance have any other petitions prior to the one you've done with your husband?". I answered no and he said "oh ok, so yeah i'll update you as soon as I get the file".

Has anyone had any similar situations? Its frustrating because I passed the interview, received the results paper with "congratulations!" checked off, and then was advised that i'd have to wait a bit more, so i'm trying to see what's going on.