A few weeks go by and no 140 approvals ??? (concurrent specially)

iknowitall

Registered Users (C)
So guys any updates or news of any 140 approvals, it sure does look like NSC is heading towards levelling the 140 and 485 times, the way they are going. I dont want to believe this because that could mean more than a year of waiting for our 140s but the lack of approvals at NSC is not a good sign.

Any new of any new approvals please post.

By the way AWS and others whats happening on that petition to NSC for 140 and also any response from Mr. khatri or rajiv ?

i share your feelings...

iknowitall,

i am too eager to know when would NSC start processing our I-140s.

no response from mr. khatri yet, i sent the same note to him this morning.

i hope rajiv responds to my note soon, as his automated reply stated that he should be available this week.

i am getting nervous on the fact that nothing is moving in a positive direction, even the stock market is down!

only god knows when all of us will have our DOG DAY...

this is surely something to worry about and very recently people have started coming to this conclusion that 140s might not really adjudicate till 485 dates are close. now if thats the case they better change the ac21 law or introduce something else because this really not good news. rajeev says not to worry in the post, well i hope rajeev and other attorneys are doing something for us not to worry about this situation because otherwise i am really worried :)

My thoughts

All:

Two quick comments. In concurrently filed applications, they WILL delay 140 adjudications if 485 is getting delayed. That really makes no sense. We will look into this further. Do not worry.

Above is what Rajiv wrote. I'm writing this because I'm as concerned about our I-140 concurrent filing being stuck since Oct last.

However aren't we reading too much into what USCIS is saying? Going back to FO memo (that probably started this bigger mess), it did mention that I-140 would be delayed if the I-485 are not adjudication ready. USCIS may be meaning the same thing above, but wording it differently.

Are we automatically assuming here that USCIS intends to delay I-140 processing until the processing dates for I-485 becomes current? Whereas all they may be stating is that I-140 will be delayed if I-485 is not adjudication ready (same as FO), but this may not mean that the concurrent applications would now follow I-485 processing times, which is the conclusion we all seem to have jumped to.

Are we reading too much into it? GOD, I'm nervous as hell.

Kashish

the reason why everyone starts reading to much is that THERE ARE NO APPROVALS for 140s in NSC at all , that has to be explained one way or the other.

Good news.
No, my 140 is not approved yet.
But i just saved a lot of money by switching to Geico.

Sorry for the bad joke.

But don't get too tensed and worried.
Everything will be alright.
Lets think positively and hope that they will start working
on our cases (140 & 485) at the same time in the near future.

My 140 is not approved.
But i just saved a lot of money by switching to Geico. But, I don't have a car.

Three 140 are appoved so far in August for applications filed in Dec 03.

I-140 at NSC

What is Happening At NSC. My I-140 and I-485 Filled in September 22 2003 so far nothing Happening. But the Shocking thing is One of My friend From my place applied Just I-140 in Feb 2004 and his got Approved in 20 days. I was shocked when I come to know. Really "God Must be Crazy" with us.

People use to say getting a job in US is Purley Luck. Now getting Plastic card is also Purley Luck.

Does not know when NSC is going to RUN.

Here's is what they told me...

Out of curiosity, when I called the 1-800 phone # of the USCIS to clarify on the I-140 processing, here's what they told me:

1) For concurrent applications, adjudications will be done as per I-140 dates
(but they will still look at the I-485 processing date as well).

2) When I mentioned that NSC processing date for I-140 EB-02 is stuck at 09/15/03 for last several weeks, she told me" they will fix the date soon" :confused:

I am sure all of us will get different answers for the same set of Qs :eek:

Did any one talkt to USCIS lately?

the customer reps at USCIS really are the most ignorant people. they are call center operators and they dont really know or see anything more than we see on the internet regarding processing dates etc. so i dont know if one can believe anything these guys say. anyways if they are not moving dates how is the date for processing going to move i wonder.

hi,

I filed concurently in NSC my 140 got aproved in 2 weeks..!!

RD:May25th 2004
Aprroved: june 14th 2004

485:Rd june16 2004
still waiting for EAd and AP

Nimmi

Nimmi,
Congratulations. I think someway yours is not considered as Concurrent. They approved your 140 before receiving 485 application.

Nimmi said:
hi,

I filed concurently in NSC my 140 got aproved in 2 weeks..!!

RD:May25th 2004
Aprroved: june 14th 2004

485:Rd june16 2004
still waiting for EAd and AP

Nimmi

As we see more and more approvals for Sept-Oct 2002 485 cases ,the startegy seems to be very clear.NSC is trying to ensure that 140 dates
finally come in line with the 485 dates and in the future there is no need to track 140 dates seperately.People who were looking for AC21 however lose
the most in this though!!!!!!

I agree...I saw lot of 485 approvals last week for 2002 filers. People who were planning to use AC21 like me are screwed.

140 backlog petition

I see some one in the complaints forum has started petitioning against 140 backlogs under CSC, may be we should start something like this for Nebraska too

The more we wait, the more we'll lose because of this Ohato memo, if we just remain inactive, six months later we'll still be sitting in the same spot or worse without a job

it's not going to get any better by itself

how does one initiate this petition can any one get this thing started ? i have no clue but i am willing to follow up, sign the petition and encourage others to do so ? we have to begin though somehow.

Petition to fight 140 backlog at NSC

iknowitall said:
how does one initiate this petition can any one get this thing started ? i have no clue but i am willing to follow up, sign the petition and encourage others to do so ? we have to begin though somehow.

Guys,

Here is the link to the 140 backlog petition at CSC their 140s have been backlogged now for a year because of waiting for concurrent adjudication.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136981&page=1&pp=15

Can anyone change this and draft it appropriately for NSC and than we go from there.