A EB1 485 case approved on Oct. 11 at CSC, PD supposed to be Nov, 2003

Park

Registered Users (C)
I am from China, and this is from Chinese website.
I am not the applicant, wish I were.
So make judgement by yourself.

>>>>>>>I-140, outstanding Professor or Researcher, Submitted Date: November, 2003. Aproved Date: Janurary, 2005 (after 14 months).

I-485, Submitted date: April, 2004, Got approved Today, October, 2005 (after 18 months).
>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is informed by email.

So how do you guys think?

Park

Here is The approval email:

>>>>>>>>
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC0414******

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 11, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

This is different from the approval letter. Is there difference between approval email and approval letter?

Thanks
Park

Applicants in academia are always given high preference. I know many so called lecturers & professors whose labor/I140/I485 got cleared in 6 months or so while candidates in industry are stuck many years behind.

Park

Sounds like a mistake, it defies retrogression. I would sit tight and celebrate only when the gc arrives, if I were the applicant.

Park said:
>>>>>>>>
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC0414******

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 11, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

This is different from the approval letter. Is there difference between approval email and approval letter?

Thanks
Park

Some people received similar emails when they changed their home address. I would be careful to call this an approval email. Although it could be :D

I got an e-mail update on Sep 30th, 2005 that both mine and my wife's 485 were approved. (I had filed as EB2, concurrent, PD May 7, 2004). The exact message was -
"This case has been approved. An approval notice was mailed to you on Sep 29, 2005. If you do not receive a notice within 14 days, call us and....". I got both notices on Oct 5th. Both notices stated the following:
"This case has been approved. You may receive your card in mail or you may or may not receive a notice for biometrics. You do not need to do anything right now. If you haven't received your card or any notice for biometrics within 60 days after receiving this notice, call the customer service center at 1-800....).

My lawyer too, received a copy of both the notices yesterday and he said that it is now official, congrats etc.
My guess is, so long the words "this case has been approved" or any words to that effect are stated, I would take that as official approval. I concur that so long one doesn't get the actual notice in hands, don't trust the e-mail updates. Even my lawyer was cautious on this point.

Well, the email says, 'the document was made based on approval or REGISTRATION'. That is the difference. It doesn't say it is approved.