90 day rule - application rejected

dolly75

Registered Users (C)
I filed my citizenship i guess 4 days before meeting the 90 day criteria.The application got rejected and returned back to me.

All documents being sent back has US stamp on each document ,I had sent like photos, check and and each page of the application.Can I use the same set of douments for filing the application again or should prepare new set.

Thanks for your help.

-abhi

I filed my citizenship i guess 4 days before meeting the 90 day criteria.The application got rejected and returned back to me.

All documents being sent back has US stamp on each document ,I had sent like photos, check and and each page of the application.Can I use the same set of douments for filing the application again or should prepare new set.

Thanks for your help.

-abhi

To be on safe side, it is better to prepare a new set.

Thanks for your help.

-abhi

Prepare new one since they have stamps on them.

Thanks for your help.

-abhi

How long did it take for them to return the app to you?

Thanks
Copper

I am very interested to know at what stage they returned back... Did they send a NOA and assign a Priority date before they rejected?

Also, how did they make the claculation...Does the day on the GC(Resident since date) included or not?

I am very interested to know at what stage they returned back... Did they send a NOA and assign a Priority date before they rejected?

Also, how did they make the claculation...Does the day on the GC(Resident since date) included or not?

No one knows. That is why on part of applicants, it is safer to use 85-day rule instead of 90-day rule

Last edited by a moderator:
I am keeping my fingers crossed then... my GC 'resident since' date is 7/30/04
I mailed my application on 4/30/09 and USCIS recieved on 5/1/09. Priority date is 5/1/09 (which is exactly 90 days). I got the FP notice on 5/16...

Wow..I guess I must have been lucky when I sent my application, they received it at least 10 days before my eligibility date, but instead of rejecting it and mailing it back to me, they waited until after the date to cash the check and send the NOA.

Sorry to hear that Dolly75 but I agree prepare a new set and mail it back.

Wow..I guess I must have been lucky when I sent my application, they received it at least 10 days before my eligibility date, but instead of rejecting it and mailing it back to me, they waited until after the date to cash the check and send the NOA.

Sorry to hear that Dolly75 but I agree prepare a new set and mail it back.

Are you serious? What do you mean by "10 days before my eligibility date"?
If it means 10 days before 5 years, then of course youa re fine. If
you means 10 days before 5 years - 90 days, then you are unlucky
if you do not get rejected now

Thanks everyone for the response. I applied for citizenship on April 27,09 and it was retured back to me on May 11,09 .On the NOA i saw the priority date of 04/29/09.

I don't know how they calculated the date. But i guess their calculation was indeed correct. I received my Green card on 08/03/2004 and should have applied on May 05,09 instead April 27.

How long should I wait now? Also, I had gone to india twice in last five years and total number of 55days outside of US . Should I wait 55 days before re-applying.

Are you serious? What do you mean by "10 days before my eligibility date"?
If it means 10 days before 5 years, then of course youa re fine. If
you means 10 days before 5 years - 90 days, then you are unlucky
if you do not get rejected now

They received my application on 02/09/09 but for me the 90-day rule started on 02/17/09, and while I was expecting USCIS to mail the application back they didn't. They waited until 02/19/09 to cash the check and mail the priority date (02/19/09 so 88 days before the 5-year requirement) so although they didn't reject it, everything is within the appropriate time. And my interview was today so exactly one day after the 5th anniversary of my permanent residency.

Last edited by a moderator:
They received my application on 02/09/09 but for me the 90-day rule started on 02/17/09, and while I was expecting USCIS to mail the application back they didn't. They waited until the 02/19/09 to cash the check and mail the priority date (02/19/09 so 88 days before the 5-year requirement) so although they didn't reject it, everything is within the appropriate time. And my interview was today so exactly one day after the 5th anniversary of my permanent residency.

If you get citizenship anyway, can it pass the audit or whatever other reasons?

If you get citizenship anyway, can it pass the audit or whatever other reasons?

I am not sure what you mean but it doesn't matter because they didn't process my application before I was eligible, they just choose to keep my file while I was inegible for whatever reason. They have no reason to reject my application.

I am not sure what you mean but it doesn't matter because they didn't process my application before I was eligible, they just choose to keep my file while I was inegible for whatever reason. They have no reason to reject my application.

I am not sure either with his comment. You already passed your interview. That's why we are having interview, if anything wrong (date, document etc) they review with you for last time on your interview. Anything necessary they give you N-652 with decision cannot made... in your case it is over. Supervisor review is nothing but a stamp that approves IO's decision unless you don't have a very complex case.

I am not sure either with his comment. You already passed your interview. That's why we are having interview, if anything wrong (date, document etc) they review with you for last time on your interview. Anything necessary they give you N-652 with decision cannot made... in your case it is over. Supervisor review is nothing but a stamp that approves IO's decision unless you don't have a very complex case.

I agree, and she did ask me all those questions (date I became a PR etc.)..

My comments means rules are rules and USCIS should not allow applicants filed before 5 years - 90 days. Otherwise what is the point of settling rules?
Then everyone can apply 10 days earlier than 100 days become the rule
then someone will apply at 110 days, etc

I have nothing against you personally. I am glad you get your case aproved.
But if we talk about rules, then there is a problem here.

My comments means rules are rules and USCIS should not allow applicants filed before 5 years - 90 days. Otherwise what is the point of settling rules?
Then everyone can apply 10 days earlier than 100 days become the rule
then someone will apply at 110 days, etc

I have nothing against you personally. I am glad you get your case aproved.
But if we talk about rules, then there is a problem here.

LOL, man I totally agree with you and that's the reason why when I realized my mistake I prepared a new package, and when I was about to mail it they cashed the check.

The only thing that I have been saying is that I got lucky on this one, that's all. Of course, they should apply rules, I never said they shouldn't, the only thing I said when Dolly75 posted her experience is that I was really lucky they didn't reject my application, because I sent my application early just like her, and again, they didn't act on it until after I was eligible so I didn't gain time. As a matter of fact, both my receipt date and priority date shows February 19th 2009 so ten days after they actually received it so I am sure they knew what they were doing.

If you want to know the truth, one reason I thought they didn't reject my application is because I mailed it while the lockbox thing was being implemented and they were maybe being more lenient, but I don't know I think only they know why they did this.

Oh lord, that would teach me how to share my experience with others...lol