800,000 total EB-485 Applications Received in July and August 2007

LaborBadhi

Registered Users (C)
Total EB-485 Applications Received in July and August 2007

The attendees of the AILA Conference on 09/28/2007 report that the total EB-485 application which were received relating to the July VB fiasco turned out to be approximately 800,000. Unbelievably, this number is close to 750,000 we predicted when July VB broke out. The numbers are reportedly broken out as follows:
320,000 stand alone 485 applications
40,000 concurrently filed 485 applications
About 400,000 485 applications filed by the spouses and children of the principal EB-485 filers.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

How they made messy to the EB immigration system with July VB fiasco..... Now all we are in deep trouble .....

Already I am suffering.. not sure.. how much more this will add to existing suffering.

How can these people make such mistakes... useless fellows.

Hope my application does not go under these new applications.

===================================
" God Bless me " to get rid of this mess soon.

PD - Oct 2001
486 - RD 06/05
1st FP - 07/13/2005
1st SR - 08/04/2006 - Shame Background check pending responce
Transfer to V to T on 03/15/07
2nd FP - 05/08/07
2nd SR - 06/28/2007 - Shame Background check pending responce

Waiting for 485 AD -

=================================

Does this mean we have to wait for a long long time.I think they would need to finish up with the old pending I-485 cases and not mingle with these new ones.

********shared by one friend************funnnny but true****
Green Card Prediction Based on this:
Total Green Cards Issued every year : 144000
India’s Share : 10080

EB-1 - 3360
EB-2 - 3360 ( EB-1s will be added to EB-2 is not used , so EB-2ers are lucky a little Bit)
EB-3 – 3360

Out of 800000 applicants, at least 5,00,000 are Origin of India.

If they clear 10080 Applications (Assuming USCIS work) ever year, It Takes 49.93 Years to Approve All the applications.

If they clear 30000 Applications ever year, like in 2006 (Assuming Hillary loses election Next Year), It Takes 20 Years to Approve All the applications.

So, for new filers (PD After 2004), If you are married, and Have Kid Born in United States, When turns 21, If he applies Green Card, You will have it in 21 Yrs 6 Months.

We all have fun waiting, or Canadian Dollar is almost equal to US Dollar now

No point wasting time in the US

How long do we have to wait for career progress? Opening bussiness or all other important and good stuff of life?

I see NO POINT in wasting time here in the US by:

- Filling in lawyers pockets who do nothing for visa no. increase
- Being slaves of employers
- Delaying personal decisions of life such as buying a house etc.

This is nothing but a slavery and stupidity of being bossed around inspite of having high education and contribution to the country. Exactly like what Britishers did to India before the independece. The only difference we are here in stead of being in India. Indian companies are paying VERY VERY well.
I know my friends coming here or going on Europe trip or other international vacations on an yearly basis while we work hard here.

Worst yet, there is no FIFO pattern due to so called "name check" stuff!!!

So long wait. My PD is Feb 2002. I do not know how many years I have to wait. This is so frustrating. Nobody is talking about visa moment in coming months. I do not have US born children. I am eagerly waiting to get approved because of my Indian born child.

Is there any official announcement from USCIS about this?We can make all kinds of analysis etc,but if the basis of our analysis is found out to be wrong we will have to redo the whole thing again?800000 is a big number..Even it is true.most of the applicants can be happy about getting EADs and APs and can even invoke AC21(Positive part of all this).GC itself is something very very far in a different galaxy.

please account for the dead too

your analysis is not complete here. you have to account for those who be taking their journey to the heavenly abode during this period and these numbers will be reducing, which means the ones who still live will get it faster than 21 years.

the other fact is that there will be more mistakes by USCIS , more growth in the populations of these folks and more candidate applicants over next years. Those numbers will potentially push the dates forward

this looks like a good operations research problem to come up with estimates of how soon can people get their GCs.

I believe preferred unit of time should be in decades going forward.

********shared by one friend************funnnny but true****
Green Card Prediction Based on this:
Total Green Cards Issued every year : 144000
India’s Share : 10080

EB-1 - 3360
EB-2 - 3360 ( EB-1s will be added to EB-2 is not used , so EB-2ers are lucky a little Bit)
EB-3 – 3360

Out of 800000 applicants, at least 5,00,000 are Origin of India.

If they clear 10080 Applications (Assuming USCIS work) ever year, It Takes 49.93 Years to Approve All the applications.

If they clear 30000 Applications ever year, like in 2006 (Assuming Hillary loses election Next Year), It Takes 20 Years to Approve All the applications.

So, for new filers (PD After 2004), If you are married, and Have Kid Born in United States, When turns 21, If he applies Green Card, You will have it in 21 Yrs 6 Months.

We all have fun waiting, or Canadian Dollar is almost equal to US Dollar now

its a big mess.god knows how many substituted cases with old pd's might be in this 8 lakh cases.
law firms must have made money of their life time.they were planning to sue uscis,but what about justice to us old filers?no fifo .all random approvals.

4 lakh dependents,wow that huge number.

life pretty much on hold.....

That is so deflating..after 5 years of waiting, got a chance to apply for 485..and very next month they open the floodgates.. it did not matter whether you filed the labor 5 yrs ago or 5 months ago. Since they don't respect the FIFO...I wish they had not issued the senseless visa bulletin.

USCIS - You suck!!!!!

its a big mess.god knows how many substituted cases with old pd's might be in this 8 lakh cases.
law firms must have made money of their life time.they were planning to sue uscis,but what about justice to us old filers?no fifo .all random approvals.

4 lakh dependents,wow that huge number.

Yes. Out of 4 lakh dependents, Now apx 1 Lakh will come into job market search. Down the time more un-employment.....

1 Job == 200-300 resumes may be more....

Also, if you care or not.. hourly rates, salaries will go down too.......:( :eek: :mad:

Yes. Out of 4 lakh dependents, Now apx 1 Lakh will come into job market search. Down the time more un-employment.....

1 Job == 200-300 resumes may be more....

Also, if you care or not.. hourly rates, salaries will go down too.......:( :eek: :mad:

i dont see any issue in having more people available into job market. this will give option to companies to hire more people from here rather than outsourcing job outside US.