7th year H1B extension & probable Visa stamping issue in India

jagdeb

Hi,

I will be getting my 7th year H1B extension as my labor certification is pending for more than 365 days. I will be going to India on vacation & I need to go for Visa stamping during this visit. My friend says, I may have problems in consulate in getting Visa stamping as I go for non-immigrant visa (H1B. But my 7th year extension is based upon LC application,which means I am intended to be an immigrant - that might be a conflict of interest & consulate may reject to give Visa stamping.
Pls advise.

Thanks in advance.

Jegi

F1 is a non-immigrant visa. While applying for it, we have to satisfy the issuing officer that the purpose is not to immigrate to the USA.

However, H1b is a dual intent. The person can apply for immigration while in H1b, and hence that should not cause any trouble.

I don't know what other reasons a 7th year extension might have trouble. I have not got there yet :)

A friend of mine recently got his 7th year extended visa stamped in India - Delhi. He did not have any problem. Even I am planning to get my 7th year extended visa stamped in India - Mumbai.