7th year extension

itsddd

My employer is filing my GC under PERM this month. My H1B is expiring in July 2006. Can I file extension based on PERM filing (which I will be filing this month)?

I also have one GC process going where I got 140 approved and 485 pending for more than a year. My new employer has filed AC21 and also filing new GC under PERM as a backup.

I want to know if my current GC will not go through then shall I get the extension based on my new GC PERM filing? (which I will file this month)

to help you answer your own question:
which LC/I-140 has a PD that's more than 365 days before the end of your H-1b? That's the one you can use to extend....

itsddd said:
My employer is filing my GC under PERM this month. My H1B is expiring in July 2006. Can I file extension based on PERM filing (which I will be filing this month)?

I also have one GC process going where I got 140 approved and 485 pending for more than a year. My new employer has filed AC21 and also filing new GC under PERM as a backup.

I want to know if my current GC will not go through then shall I get the extension based on my new GC PERM filing? (which I will file this month)

itsddd said:

Why do you have a doubt that your current LC with the I485 pending will insuffient to file for H1 extension? Are you expecting it to get denied?

Anyway, just my understanding.. if you invoke AC21 aren't you supposed to use EAD instead of H!b with your new employer?

Any comments anyone?

gcco

AC-21 and EAD are unrelated items. Best is to stay with H-1B as long as possible in case GC case gets murky.

gcco said:
Anyway, just my understanding.. if you invoke AC21 aren't you supposed to use EAD instead of H!b with your new employer?