70% N400 fee raise after July 30, Anyone trying here to beat the clock?

ny11023

Registered Users (C)
70% N400 fee raise after July 30, Anyone here trying to beat the clock?

Just wonder if anyone here is considering the N400 now because of the impending fee raise in one month.

By the way, It IS July 30th, right? That means if your app is postmarked before or on July 30th?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beating the Clock!

Hi!

Actually, to beat the clock you have to submit before July 30th. Applications submitted on of after July 30th will be assessed: $675. I'm waiting on one more document, then it's done and I'm sending it by overnight delivery...probably next week.

Just wonder if anyone here is considering the N400 now because of the impending fee raise in one month.

By the way, It IS July 30th, right? That means if your app is postmarked before or on July 30th?

Yes, there are many people trying to "beat the clock", as you put it. The Spanish language media has been on a citizenship drive to try and encourage many spanish speaking people to apply for citizenship. Applications here in the Los Angeles area are up by almost 50% over a year ago, and the campaign has recently been taken to other states with large hispanic populations. From what I understand, the campaign has taken on a new sense of urgency with the impending fee increases. My guess is that there are probably many people who are trying to beat that July 30th deadline.

Hi!

Actually, to beat the clock you have to submit before July 30th. Applications submitted on of after July 30th will be assessed: $675. I'm waiting on one more document, then it's done and I'm sending it by overnight delivery...probably next week.

Jedi,

You say you are "waiting on one more document". Not to pry on your privacy here, but I'm filling out the forms now as well. But I don't find I need to get any "documents" except for the form and photo and check. Anything I missed?

Almost Ready to Submit.

Hi NY!

You're not prying (as this IS an anonymous forum after all). I'm waiting on an official court receipt for a traffict ticket (speeding). I'm enclosing it with the application per the requirements on the list at the end of the N-400. Then, after I make copies for myself, it's off to the USPS!

I also got many if not all of the items on this list:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

So that I can just focus on my research (I'm a grad student) for the rest of the time. I don't want to be looking for items or other infor while I wait.:D

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Unless you were going really fast (and, as a result, the ticket is over $500) you don't need to include any documentation with the application. You only need to have it at the interview (and then, maybe you won't need it).

Only things I submitted were
- N400 form typed in Adobe, and signed FULL name in cursive (not the regular signature)
- Copies of PR card (both side)
- 2 Photos with A# and name in back
- a single $400 check with A# in memo field

i have a traffic ticket for speeding at 71 mph in 55 mph zone ($80 fine + $ 60 processing fee). DID Not include documentation, but mentioned in N400

check is yet to be cashed and yet to receive any letter from USCIS.

Applied from Fremont Area, CA. if anyone applied from here let us keep in touch!

Submitted today

I live in Fremont. I was not prepared to file citizenship :) till I heard about fee increase.

I logged in back to this form to read all about citizenship filing and THANKS to all of you who posted their experiences.