7 th...8 th ....9th year extension - Question

gcwantsme

Guys ,

I have a question.

As I understand the 7 th year H1b extension can be obtained on the basis of a pending 485 or if Labour has been pending for more than 365 days. For either of the above 2 cases it is possible to get an extension one year at a time.

does this mean that a person who is getting a 7 th year extension has to stay with the same company with whom he filed his labour / 140 / 485 ???

Is he is limited to that company only for the 7 th year or does he have to stick with the company for the 8 th year,,,,9the year and so on....or
can switch companies after he gets the 7 th year extension....jump to another company B .....then can company B file his extension for the 8 th year ?? ( assume the case that his green card doesnt get approved .....say...because of retrogation)

gcwantsme said:
Guys ,

I have a question.

As I understand the 7 th year H1b extension can be obtained on the basis of a pending 485 or if Labour has been pending for more than 365 days. For either of the above 2 cases it is possible to get an extension one year at a time.

does this mean that a person who is getting a 7 th year extension has to stay with the same company with whom he filed his labour / 140 / 485 ???

Is he is limited to that company only for the 7 th year or does he have to stick with the company for the 8 th year,,,,9the year and so on....or
can switch companies after he gets the 7 th year extension....jump to another company B .....then can company B file his extension for the 8 th year ?? ( assume the case that his green card doesnt get approved .....say...because of retrogation)

You can use old company pending Labor/ Penidng I-140/Pending I-485 to get 7 th ,8 th... year extensions.

h1b extension

so assuming company a filed my labour......can company B extend my h1b 8 the year extension...if so wat document is required ???

On a top of that

gcwantsme said:
so assuming company a filed my labour......can company B extend my h1b 8 the year extension...if so wat document is required ???

Once I had called the 1800 number and I was told if I have to change my employer the new employer can file the extension and I work on H1 and that my 140 and 485 will continue processsing as is. Although most of these frontline people are dumb and I wonder if this is true. What happens if my previous employer revokes 140.

AbGCDeDo said:
Once I had called the 1800 number and I was told if I have to change my employer the new employer can file the extension and I work on H1 and that my 140 and 485 will continue processsing as is. Although most of these frontline people are dumb and I wonder if this is true. What happens if my previous employer revokes 140.
You need the copy of the receipt notice when you filed the LC for each year extension. If your previous employer revokes the I-140 and uses it for someone else then you cannot use the LC for extension.